Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 Controller Battery

Reaction score
Does anyone know for
Sure if the controller
Battery goes completely
Dead, can the Battery
be recharged.
If it can what is the length of time it take ?
Thanks Keith
PS - - I know it is not a
Lipo

Have you experienced this now?
I think reviving from completely flat would have a varied level of success for each person, it can be left fully charged, you might be able to revive it by charging it externally with a 3rd party charger with appropriate lead, it it's not responding to usb cable charger.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Have you experienced this now?
I think reviving from completely flat would have a varied level of success for each person, it can be left fully charged, you might be able to revive it by charging it externally with a 3rd party charger with appropriate lead, it it's not responding to usb cable charger.

I left it on the stock
charger all night.
It came back to a full
charge.

Reactions: Mrgs1
The battery is a Li-Ion (like phones), it doesn't need storage. Take as a principle, after having made a flight, to recharge the radio immediately to restore the battery to 100%, it will be grateful to you for the next time.
On the other hand, the drone batteries, if you are not going to use them in the following days, you put them in storage mode.

The battery is a Li-Ion (like phones), it doesn't need storage. Take as a principle, after having made a flight, to recharge the radio immediately to restore the battery to 100%, it will be grateful to you for the next time.
On the other hand, the drone batteries, if you are not going to use them in the following days, you put them in storage mode.

I hear ya.LiPo vs Li
Thank You
Keith

Reactions: Chris Koch
Hi, thanks for all the advice on this forum.
Once the controller is fully charged does it make any difference whether you leave it continuously charging or not?
Cam

Most Li-on batteries have a protection circuit that interrupts charging at full charge, or near full charge if being charged at too high of a rate. In theory you could leave it plugged in but in practicality you should not. Any lithium chemistry battery constantly connected to an active charger is a fire risk. Left connected to an inactive charge could discharge the battery.

Anyone using lithium batteries that is habitually absent minded and forgets to check the charger needs to develop new habits. You’ll live longer in so doing.

Hi, thanks for all the advice on this forum.
Once the controller is fully charged does it make any difference whether you leave it continuously charging or not?
Cam
Charge complete, unplug the charger/cable, check on it if not being used for a long period of time, to make sure it's not gone flat, shouldn't discharge greatly if it's a healthy battery.

Hi All, I know this is an old thread but has anyone experienced the ST-16 Li-ion battery YP-3A not taking a full charge after hours of charging?
The original was only taking a 50p charge so I bought another ($99 s+h) and now it’s doing the same thing at around 75p.
Could it be the charging circuit in the controller? I don’t think there is a stand-alone charger for this battery available is there?

Hi All, I know this is an old thread but has anyone experienced the ST-16 Li-ion battery YP-3A not taking a full charge after hours of charging?
The original was only taking a 50p charge so I bought another ($99 s+h) and now it’s doing the same thing at around 75p.
Could it be the charging circuit in the controller? I don’t think there is a stand-alone charger for this battery available is there?
Did you always had this problem or before it was not present?
How do you charge the ST16?
Are you using a smartphone charger?
Battery has a big capacity (8700 mA), if you use a simple mobile charger it takes many hours to fill the battery, more than 5~8 hours if it is completely discharge.
You can use any charger able to recharge Li-ion batteries, i.e. IMax B6, but you need a specific cable for the plug, like this one
fullpower_cavo_ricarica_EC3_5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Did you always had this problem or before it was not present?
How do you charge the ST16?
Are you using a smartphone charger?
Battery has a big capacity (8700 mA), if you use a simple mobile charger it takes many hours to fill the battery, more than 5~8 hours if it is completely discharge.
You can use any charger able to recharge Li-ion batteries, i.e. IMax B6, but you need a specific cable for the plug, like this one
View attachment 25382
Ok, that makes sense. I knew that they had a significant capacity. I will use my Q500 bank charger as it accepts that type of cable. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss