Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 indicates charging when not plugged in.

Reaction score
Something strange has happened to my ST 16 .. I plugged it in this morning at 70% and it didn't do anything,

I tried it again and waited and it showed charging but it was not charging it dropped to 60%, then when unplugged from the charger tapping the screen still shows charging. I have to unplug the battery to stop it, but even then when I turn the controller back on the battery icon indicates charging.. (not plugged in) when I turn it off, it turns off but shortly acts like I plugged it in to a charger when I didn't. If I don't unplug the battery it will drain. It didn't charge at all for a while (after I actually plugged it) but seems to charge VERY slowly now. but only after I remove the battery for a few. replace then plug into the charger. If at anytime I turn the controller on the indicator still shows charging, turn it off then the Yuneec logo shows up 2 times a flicker then shows like its charging again (not plugged in).

Mine did that way back a year ago. It’s the regulator board on the USB port and it’s gone bad. Is it still under warranty? Your options are an RMA with Yuneec direct or hopefully via Vertigo Drones who do great work or purchase a second battery and keep it charged with your multi charger. It’s EC2 connector and charges fine if you have LiLo settings on your charger.
I never leave my ST 16s connected overnight anymore charging as that’s what killed mine.

I have exactly the same issue!
Spoke to yuneec on the phone and he confirmed what CraigCam says.
Having already had my st16 repaired 1st time, replaced 2nd time now its doing this! And warrantys just finished.
So i got another battery and ec2 cables for my mukticharger. I also unplug batteries immediately after use and keep them separate, just like the birds batteries.

I've also had this issue, I opened up a ticket with them a ways back. Unfortunatly for me they wanted to send a new battery to test it out first, and after trying a few times to reach out and get it RMA'd it was cheaper to just buy a 2nd bird instead of wasting my time getting the controller fixed.

I wonder if they'd still honor the RMA since I opened the ticket while it was under warranty. Anyone have a ticket number that I could use in reference to talk to them?

I now do the same thing charging my st16 battery on a seperate charger and keeping the battery out of it. No issues since then. I only use that USB port for telemetry and CCC files.

Some general things for consideration.
This from the Yuneec Typhoon H RealSense manual version:

"FOR THE ST16 GROUND STATION
You can charge the ST16 battery by
using supplied USB cable and
inserting it into the USB port on the
charger. It will take approximately 5
hours to charge a fully discharged
(not over-discharged) battery.
WARNING: Do not leave the battery
in the charger after the battery is
fully charged."

Recently, after charging I left the charger connected and found the battery completely discharged the next morning. I was able to start charging again by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. I checked every so often during charging. At one point it showed somewhere around 50% and it was still at 50% an hour later. After checking an alternate charger and other fooling around I restarted the charging. I don't recall the numbers but after a relatively short period of time, the charge had increased substantially. From this and reading posts that say it takes 24 hours to fully charge I suspect that the quickest charging will be by charging for some time, disconnecting for a while and then more charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal