Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Settings to Reduce Camera/Video Button Push Issue

Reaction score
Hi -

Hoping someone can point me to the settings they made, perhaps with a picture, showing the changes to the settings for the Video Record and Picture Record buttons to get rid of the multiple pushes needed to start a video or take a picture. I have found it takes 3 pushes to take a picture and as many as 5-6 to get a video to start recording. I am tying to reduce the issues I have with Video Record and Picture Record. As it stands, I need to hit the Video r

I know there was a post up but cannot find it - the poster closed their account and I can only see references to some related posts.

I would like to make some changes but am not quite certain how to do.

Three battery charges in I really like this bird - I am taking it easy.

I practiced landings today. I made over 30 landings using a variety of settings, starting with RTH, then in Smart Mode, then in Angle mode. I tried in Turtle Mode and in Rabbit Mode. After flying helicopters for many years and flying quads, I have found that other than one very slightly heavy landing I would categorize all my landings in the butter-smooth category. I have had no issues. The one RTH landing was a bit firm but no bounce and well under control.

I had 2 landings with the wind around 10 MPH and still smooth.

So much to learn about the bird still, but my work in Angle Mode has been very nice. Very responsive.

Still need to fly this a lot more. I am struggling with a slow continual turn that is smooth. Add a gradual rise to it and I am not there.

John

Reactions: John S
Hi -

Hoping someone can point me to the settings they made, perhaps with a picture, showing the changes to the settings for the Video Record and Picture Record buttons to get rid of the multiple pushes needed to start a video or take a picture. I have found it takes 3 pushes to take a picture and as many as 5-6 to get a video to start recording. I am tying to reduce the issues I have with Video Record and Picture Record. As it stands, I need to hit the Video r

I know there was a post up but cannot find it - the poster closed their account and I can only see references to some related posts.

I practiced landings today. I made over 30 landings using a variety of settings, starting with RTH, then in Smart Mode, then in Angle mode. I tried in Turtle Mode and in Rabbit Mode. After flying helicopters for many years and flying quads, I have found that other than one very slightly heavy landing I would categorize all my landings in the butter-smooth category. I have had no issues. The one RTH landing was a bit firm but no bounce and well under control.

So much to learn about the bird still, but my work in Angle Mode has been very nice. Very responsive.

Still need to fly this a lot more. I am struggling with a slow continual turn that is smooth. Add a gradual rise to it and I am not there.

John
I do not know if this will help you, but I had the same issue, till I fiqured out that in tapping camera button, it has to be a very quick tap on it, pushing it in for any length of time will not engage it, also a problem I had was, when I was video recording, I would switch it to camera icon and think I could just tap and shot photos, but learned you have to actually stop the recording as just switching the icon to camera from video would not allow the camera button to work? Hope your issue is simple as mine?

Reactions: QuadBart
As far as slow turns, if you understand Expo, you can change the speed of the yaw output. I changed the factory setting as shown in Expo 4 to non-linear shown in Expo 5.

Attachments

• Expo4.jpg
    Expo4.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Expo5.jpg
    Expo5.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: John S and gregreh
As far as slow turns, if you understand Expo, you can change the speed of the yaw output. I changed the factory setting as shown in Expo 4 to non-linear shown in Expo 5.

Thanks. I will give that a try tomorrow. Just need some more batteries so I can get more flying in......

Thanks. I will give that a try tomorrow. Just need some more batteries so I can get more flying in......
BTW, I'm going to change the max rate well below 100%. I can't imagine any case where I would need a yaw rate that fast. A fast yaw is a video killer.

Hmmm, is there a way to mix yaw and roll together? Doing that would almost require another mode switch position though since we would be flying it like a winged aircraft.

Hmmm, is there a way to mix yaw and roll together? Doing that would almost require another mode switch position though since we would be flying it like a winged aircraft.
Well yeah, Pat. If you've got a Taranis.;)

Steve, can you explain how this affects the yaw please

Can you explain step by step please? I know how to get the settings, is it in Channel Setting? and what did you access J2? to access the graph, just need to know step by step you access and what setting numbers you altered, Thanks Steve

Don't see any number differences, still -100 and +100, did you just drag the lines down?, I Know what gains/expo are, but this access to gains setting is new to me!

Hi -

John
I had the same problem as DC and was really upset that I could not turn on the video recording without a whole bunch of pushes
on the button. I tried pushing hard and holding it down waiting for it to maybe engage, but nothing. Then I just tapped it quick
and it worked, so I tried it again and it worked. So the last few days all I do is tap on the button and works every time
I try the old way and it will not work, this is crazy. I can take pictures as long as I tap fairly quick.
Hope this helps you

RTM. You cannot take a picture while recording video, You have to stop the video and select camera. You can't take pictures and video at the same time with a hand held camera either.

During the video recording, I was unable to take a picture
Were you in 4K ? I believe manual states in the top 3-4 highest resolution settings it will not snap a pic in video mode, only the lower resolution settings, also. make sure you turn video recording "OFF" before hitting camera shutter button ! See if that helps? Hope so !

Reactions: Goh
Were you in 4K ? I believe manual states in the top 3-4 highest resolution settings it will not snap a pic in video mode, only the lower resolution settings, also. make sure you turn video recording "OFF" before hitting camera shutter button ! See if that helps? Hope so !
Understand

Is it possible for you to explain this in detail I would like to slow my yaw rate?

If you wish to change the expo to as shown above to Expo 25% Channel J2, switch on ST16 once booted up select system settings click ok then click other settings then slide slider to Advance Mode, then tap the return key, then tap Channel Settings click ok, then tap J2 on left hand side, then tap Edit, once in that screen you will see more or less in the middle of screen top and bottom two Expo buttons marked + and - keep tapping the Expo + to raise it to 25% as in picture above then press save button then tap return key twice.

I must point out that I have not tried these settings that was put up by someone else, I'm just telling you how that person change the yaw rate on Channel J2 by changing the Expo to 25%, but others may have already tried this setting and may comment with regards these settings.

Reactions: OnTheRopes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval