Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 Stock antennas

I don't have a reason to fly that high or that far for what I'm doing.

Keith, imagine a fly away when your bird is 5000' away from you. That would be fun to find. :oops:

I am afraid to go go that high orfar
Going 400 feet high does not bother me. Even going out 800 to 1200
Feet is okay with me as long as when I hit return to home it comes back.
And that has not failed me yet.
Keith

In my opinion and only mine the only thing that I consider to be not good was when I flew my 480 out of LOS while in western SD downwind. I got it quite far again and hit the rth and it came back into a headwind and barely made it back. This is not bragging or being cocky. I was comfortable with the flight I had in my park as it was not a windy day and no haze. I wanted to see when the video would cut out.

When I got my first H 2 years ago I had 2 flyaways and both of them were when the H was 25 feet away. If you aren't comfortable having your drone be 600 feet away that's a great rule of thumb for yourselves. I've flown over lake Superior with Steve Carr and that caused me more stress. But there are worse things than flying with Steve Carr!:p

There's always the chance of losing your H at 25 feet and 5K but I think it depends on the surroundings etc. The park has no wifi to interfere, metal buildings, etc so it worked out well. I've flown a long distance away numerous times at the park and had no issues. When I was at the canal with Steve Carr I had numerous issues but there are numerous hotels there with strongly boosted wifi signals that posed bigger issues than the trees.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I agree not good
Actually with the surroundings it would have been easy. It's all cornfields that had just been planted. Much easier than looking through trees, lakes, rivers and tall grass.

In my opinion and only mine the only thing that I consider to be not good was when I flew my 480 out of LOS while in western SD downwind. I got it quite far again and hit the rth and it came back into a headwind and barely made it back. This is not bragging or being cocky. I was comfortable with the flight I had in my park as it was not a windy day and no haze. I wanted to see when the video would cut out.

When I got my first H 2 years ago I had 2 flyaways and both of them were when the H was 25 feet away. If you aren't comfortable having your drone be 600 feet away that's a great rule of thumb for yourselves. I've flown over lake Superior with Steve Carr and that caused me more stress. But there are worse things than flying with Steve Carr!

There's always the chance of losing your H at 25 feet and 5K but I think it depends on the surroundings etc. The park has no wifi to interfere, metal buildings, etc so it worked out well. I've flown a long distance away numerous times at the park and had no issues. When I was at the canal with Steve Carr I had numerous issues but there are numerous hotels there with strongly boosted wifi signals that posed bigger issues than the trees.

Very interesting I like Steve Carr.
He has helped me with Telemetry files. I take it you both live in Michigan. I think it is great that you're typhoon H can go 5000 feet .
I certainly don't know as much as you guys about Wi-Fi signals Etc.
But I keep learning as much as I can to try to avoid any future mishaps.
Keith

I don't mean to come across as bragging. I took my time and flew VR drones before even flying my first drone in true reality. I had a Walkera Tali which is a hex 500 so much the same as the H. Steve and I met up in Duluth MN. I would assume he sees me as a little more daring then he. I had a getter back on my H and had brought a kayak to retrieve my H in case it went into the drink.

Steve is always willing to help others and I too had the newbie ?'s that I would probably find annoying now but we all have to start at the same newbie level. I think that risk comes with rewards and can have detrimental costs. The pics and videos that we got that day were some of the best.

I don't mean to come across as bragging. I took my time and flew VR drones before even flying my first drone in true reality. I had a Walkera Tali which is a hex 500 so much the same as the H. Steve and I met up in Duluth MN. I would assume he sees me as a little more daring then he. I had a getter back on my H and had brought a kayak to retrieve my H in case it went into the drink.

Steve is always willing to help others and I too had the newbie ?'s that I would probably find annoying now but we all have to start at the same newbie level. I think that risk comes with rewards and can have detrimental costs. The pics and videos that we got that day were some of the best.

I chat with Steve occasionally, and yes he is great and helping others.
I have never personally met him and I live in Ohio but he is helped me many times. I told him in the near future I'm going to make a video of him about him for him about him and his willingness to help others.
Keith

Reactions: Thomas111
Yeah he's a nice guy. I have to make fun of him often to make sure his head doesn't explode. I do occasionally take chances but I do have recovery options and do try to account for difficulties. I've had the wind taken out of my sails when the 2 fly aways occurred. It took me a few days to get my courage back up. I love shooting parks, water, ships, cranes, rapids, rivers, trestles etcetera. They do present possible risks.

Yeah he's a nice guy. I have to make fun of him often to make sure his head doesn't explode. I do occasionally take chances but I do have recovery options and do try to account for difficulties. I've had the wind taken out of my sails when the 2 fly aways occurred. It took me a few days to get my courage back up. I love shooting parks, water, ships, cranes, rapids, rivers, trestles etcetera. They do present possible risks.

Yuneec is sending me a new drone because of a fly away. It should be here in about two weeks i hope

I don't have a reason to fly that high or that far for what I'm doing.

Keith, imagine a fly away when your bird is 5000' away from you. That would be fun to find. :oops:
A fly away at 25 feet can end up being 5K away. If it flies away it doesn't matter what distance out you are. Maybe at 5k it will fly back to you. Both of my fly aways gave me no control and RTH did not function. The logs showed that RTH and joystick commands were ignored by the H. If you going to fly by the rule that a fly away could occur then you'd never put it in the air.

Yuneec is sending me a new drone because of a fly away. It should be here in about two weeks i hope
Are you the one that had the google image that Steve posted? We were discussing that one. You lost it right away and it probably went down in dense trees?

Luckily my 2 fly aways found a tree and a yacht about 250 yards in front of me.

A fly away at 25 feet can end up being 5K away. If it flies away it doesn't matter what distance out you are. Maybe at 5k it will fly back to you. Both of my fly aways gave me no control and RTH did not function. The logs showed that RTH and joystick commands were ignored by the H. If you going to fly by the rule that a fly away could occur then you'd never put it in the air.

We will chat again got to get up early

Reactions: thoneter
Are you the one that had the google image that Steve posted? We were discussing that one. You lost it right away and it probably went down in dense trees?

Luckily my 2 fly aways found a tree and a yacht about 250 yards in front of me.

It could have been my flyaway. Steve was instrumental in analyzing the telemetry and shared a Google map. GPS stopped, it took off and and did not respond to the controls, no time to turn GPS off as it was just a matter of seconds and it went into a pine tree 50’ up.

Nothing really stuck out in the telemetry other than the few seconds of GPS loss so I just replaced the GPS Module. I haven’t had a flyaway since although I pay closer attention to the H since then and have a good preflight routine.

Steve's usually looking at someones logs. It just happened a few days ago I think.

Reactions: rdonson
It could have been my flyaway. Steve was instrumental in analyzing the telemetry and shared a Google map. GPS stopped, it took off and and did not respond to the controls, no time to turn GPS off as it was just a matter of seconds and it went into a pine tree 50’ up.

Nothing really stuck out in the telemetry other than the few seconds of GPS loss so I just replaced the GPS Module. I haven’t had a flyaway since although I pay closer attention to the H since then and have a good preflight routine.

Steve also did a Google map for me.
as you say no time to do anything mine took a trip all over the Eastside of Lorain Ohio. I tried everything return to home, I tried everything turn the controller off try to reconnect.
I put the controller in my truck and went looking all over the place. Once Steve got the map for me I saw where it started to return back to my start or launch position, but it did not make it it ended up in the bottom of a river probably 25 foot deep. Yep it was gone.
Keith

I would just like to say to steve has helped me as well as others members on here yous know who yous are on here and I really appreciate all the help and advice I get from members on this forum that's what makes it so great the experience and knowledge

I was wondering about the patch antenna as well. My video with the mushroom antenna is very glitchy, even at a couple hundred feet LOS. During my last flight, Everytime I landed in front of myself, it would lose gps and instruct a recalibration, which it's never done before. Still learning. New to drones and only a few flights in my Head Pro.

I was wondering about the patch antenna as well. My video with the mushroom antenna is very glitchy, even at a couple hundred feet LOS. During my last flight, Everytime I landed in front of myself, it would lose gps and instruct a recalibration, which it's never done before. Still learning. New to drones and only a few flights in my Head Pro.
have you done all the calibrations correct this does not sound like a antenna issue if it's loosing GPS in front of you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33