Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Sunshade

Vic

Reaction score
I bought an ST-16 sunshade from Vertigo Drones. In no way does it fit the controller. It flops all over the place. I sent pictures back to the supplier & they suggested I buy a Hoodman sunshade. Does anyone have a Hoodman, does it fit & is it worth $60? Thanks ahead for any comments.

Vic

Yikes! $60 seems a little steep. Carolina Dronz carries something similar, but cheaper.
B&H says they're getting more of the original in stock soon.
And there's always Ebay.

Yikes! $60 seems a little steep. Carolina Dronz carries something similar, but cheaper.
B&H says they're getting more of the original in stock soon.
And there's always Ebay.
Thanks for the info! That B&H sunshade is identical to the one I returned. I have written to Carolina Dronz to get their opinion on their product.

Flops all over? Hmm... Not to doubt, but did you install it correctly? There are 4 studs sticking out of the st-16. Each one has 2 holes. A big hole for the neck strap & a tiny one below it for the pegs on the sun shield. Admittedly, the first time I put mine on I was like, "what the bump?" Come to find out, it's better to wear my glasses as I didn't even see the tiny holes.

Flops all over? Hmm... Not to doubt, but did you install it correctly? There are 4 studs sticking out of the st-16. Each one has 2 holes. A big hole for the neck strap & a tiny one below it for the pegs on the sun shield. Admittedly, the first time I put mine on I was like, "what the bump?" Come to find out, it's better to wear my glasses as I didn't even see the tiny holes.
You are correct---I did not install the sunshade correctly. Now I've got to wonder if it would have actually worked. Thanks for enlightening me! Vic

You are correct---I did not install the sunshade correctly. Now I've got to wonder if it would have actually worked. Thanks for enlightening me! Vic

Happened to me the first time too....didn't realize there were 2 holes...and I was pretty disappointed that the shade flopped around and I couldn't use the neck strap at the same time....then I found the smaller holes....

BTW....this is the first time I've admitted to that......

I bought an ST-16 sunshade from Vertigo Drones. In no way does it fit the controller. It flops all over the place. I sent pictures back to the supplier & they suggested I buy a Hoodman sunshade. Does anyone have a Hoodman, does it fit & is it worth $60? Thanks ahead for any comments.

Vic

Make sure you have in the correct holes on the controller.
Keith

Happened to me the first time too....didn't realize there were 2 holes...and I was pretty disappointed that the shade flopped around and I couldn't use the neck strap at the same time....then I found the smaller holes....

BTW....this is the first time I've admitted to that......

Yes the correct holes must be utilized.
Keith

I think this is at least the third product this week being blamed because it was either misunderstood or used wrong...

You cannot possibly be insinuating that there is such a thing as user error, can you? We all know for certain that any and all failures can only be the fault of the product itself. :p

• Haha
Reactions: KellyR and PatR
I think this is at least the third product this week being blamed because it was either misunderstood or used wrong...
That’s why this forum is awesome. Always check here before condemning something. I’m guilty of the same thing

Reactions: KellyR
Before getting a Hoodman, check this thread

Sun Shield

Don't know if it is available for purchase yet... the example in the thread is a prototype.

Reactions: KellyR
Standard hood and non reflective screen film works excellent here in Europe. May be a little less effective in extremely sunny areas.

It may be 'I thought that I was wrong once, but I was only mistaken '. Again as on the paint can when I was an apprentice 'If all else fails read the instructions first.'
PatR is correct failing to know your machine and its workings. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: Rubik

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval