Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Trim Switches - Clearing Screen of Dialog Box

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I've checked elsewhere and can't find an answer.
Occasionally in flight I inadvertently touch one of the otherwise non-functional trim control switches that sit right below the left and right flight control joysticks, next to the photo and video buttons. When I do a dialog box comes up on the ST-16 screen and for the life of me I can't find any way to clear it aside from landing and turning everything off and on again. Does anyone know of a way to completely disable those switches so nothing happens when you touch them? Or, is there a button or buttons, or a secret combination of pushing buttons, hopping on one foot, holding the ST-16 over your head and yelling real loud that will get rid of that dialog box?

I hope this isn't a stupid question but I've checked elsewhere and can't find an answer.
Occasionally in flight I inadvertently touch one of the otherwise non-functional trim control switches that sit right below the left and right flight control joysticks, next to the photo and video buttons. When I do a dialog box comes up on the ST-16 screen and for the life of me I can't find any way to clear it aside from landing and turning everything off and on again. Does anyone know of a way to completely disable those switches so nothing happens when you touch them? Or, is there a button or buttons, or a secret combination of pushing buttons, hopping on one foot, holding the ST-16 over your head and yelling real loud that will get rid of that dialog box?
You need to reduce your font size. you are not seeing the buttons at the bottom of the dialog box.

I believe you can also hit the return button below the screen to clear the box.

I believe you can also hit the return button below the screen to clear the box.
This will not not let you use the trim or focus functions. You have to be able to click on the OK. Reducing the font to normal is the complete and only answer to this problem.

This will not not let you use the trim or focus functions. You have to be able to click on the OK. Reducing the font to normal is the complete and only answer to this problem.

Will indeed. This solution has been posted on here several times. Go into Pad, screen, and change font size to normal.

Well, ok. That's fine. And thank you all for responding. I've seen this before on other devices a few times, mostly over the last five or six years as my near vision has succumbed to older age and the "Large" font size makes reading type easier. What I can't figure out is why have a feature like increasing the size of the font if it creates problems using some of the apps or functions? Why create an app (or a notice or a dialog box) on a device that allows changing the font size and not have a way to escape from the app/notice/box when the font size is increased? Ahh well. Thanks for the responses. Time to break out my reading glasses...

Reactions: Flymac
Well, ok. That's fine. And thank you all for responding. I've seen this before on other devices a few times, mostly over the last five or six years as my near vision has succumbed to older age and the "Large" font size makes reading type easier. What I can't figure out is why have a feature like increasing the size of the font if it creates problems using some of the apps or functions? Why create an app (or a notice or a dialog box) on a device that allows changing the font size and not have a way to escape from the app/notice/box when the font size is increased? Ahh well. Thanks for the responses. Time to break out my reading glasses...
I'm in the same boat. Got some of those half glasses at the dollar store which are perched on the end of my nose so I can read the screen and still see the bird.

I wish they had an option "Don't show this dialog again"

No you don't. The second time you accidentally hit the Pad icon and it entered Pad mode and didn't get the warning because it had been turned off you would chit yourself as you lost control of your aircraft. The condition is called "dumb thumbs" and everyone has them from time to time. The warnings act similar to having a flight crew in the cockpit with you to verify that what you just did is what you really want to do.

No you don't. The second time you accidentally hit the Pad icon and it entered Pad mode and didn't get the warning because it had been turned off you would chit yourself as you lost control of your aircraft. The condition is called "dumb thumbs" and everyone has them from time to time. The warnings act similar to having a flight crew in the cockpit with you to verify that what you just did is what you really want to do.
That's certainly true of the "Warning!!!" boxes that pop up, such as the Pad icon button scenario you mention above Pat, and I don't have a problem with those. And the huge font size isn't a problem with those because you can clear those Warning boxes quickly and easily by just hitting the return button.

But I don't think this is the same thing. This is a descriptive "Trim Function" box for a function on a button(s) that no one really uses, do they? Does anyone use those trim control buttons for anything? The videos I've seen that mention them describe them as placeholders for potential future features or functions, not something that is used today. If they have a useful purpose it would be nice to know what it is but the manual certainly doesn't describe anything. In fact, the manual doesn't even label them. If they have no function worthy of mentioning in the manual why do they do anything when you touch them? Why does a descriptive dialog box pop up? We should at least have the ability in "System Settings" to completely turn them off, so nothing happens when you touch them in flight. No?

I realize this is not a major issue, just a minor inconvenience. I am perfectly happy with the H and I love the ST-16 most of the time. But niggling little things like this that seem to have no useful purpose or explanation and which seem like they could easily be fixed tend to bug me, particularly at 3:30 in the morning when I've got nothing better to do. :)

I am aware of what the trim pads do. I never press them accidentally. This silly warning screen was add in the last firmware update. I was happy with the behavior before.

Will indeed. This solution has been posted on here several times. Go into Pad, screen, and change font size to normal.

Same problem here as well, except font size was NOT an option anywhere. Went into android settings and did a factory reset, this cleared out everything and rebooted as normal. the fonts were adjusted automatically to the correct size, latest firmware was intact. Did a Bind of both craft and camera, then hit the d-pad and finally the ok and cancel buttons were there. Test flight, all systems checked fine!

Not sure when i will ever use the trim functions, but the camera settings for white balance and exposure will be quite handy.

You might want to ready this thread. Few hood with built in glasses
Typhoon H Tips, Tricks and Modifications

Same problem here as well, except font size was NOT an option anywhere. Went into android settings and did a factory reset, this cleared out everything and rebooted as normal. the fonts were adjusted automatically to the correct size, latest firmware was intact. Did a Bind of both craft and camera, then hit the d-pad and finally the ok and cancel buttons were there. Test flight, all systems checked fine!

Not sure when i will ever use the trim functions, but the camera settings for white balance and exposure will be quite handy.

Thank you. Factory reset plus re-binding fixed my font size problem and therefore my ability to select OK for the Trim function. I've been wanting to try the Trim function. Kind of scary deleting all apps and data, though. As you said, the Yuneec firmware was not effected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop