Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Help with an ST-16 Controller Problem

Reaction score
Hello all.....new to the forum and I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere but I'm hoping for some expert help. I powered up my ST-16 controller today and the screen did not turn on...at all. The blue light for the power switch is illuminated and when I move the dials on the back of the unit and the pan button in front, I can hear it beeping. My battery registers at 4.1 volts on my meter. I've unplugged the battery and reinstalled it several times, left it on the charger for hours and nothing is working. I've been to the Yuneec website but like so many others, there is no longer an option for "Chat" assistance and now you can't even schedule a "Call back" for phone support.

Does anyone have any ideas or had the same problem with a solution ? Thanks in advance for any help !

Hello all.....new to the forum and I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere but I'm hoping for some expert help. I powered up my ST-16 controller today and the screen did not turn on...at all. The blue light for the power switch is illuminated and when I move the dials on the back of the unit and the pan button in front, I can hear it beeping. My battery registers at 4.1 volts on my meter. I've unplugged the battery and reinstalled it several times, left it on the charger for hours and nothing is working. I've been to the Yuneec website but like so many others, there is no longer an option for "Chat" assistance and now you can't even schedule a "Call back" for phone support.

Does anyone have any ideas or had the same problem with a solution ? Thanks in advance for any help !

Is this the first time it has ever done this ?
It happened to me one time.
So I left the battery out overnight.
The next day I put it back in and was working fine.
It seems like it's always something or another going haywire.
Keith Kuhn

Hi Keith, Yes, this is the first time it's happened. I'll give that a try. I hadn't flown it over two months but prior to that it worked fine. Thank you for your suggestion.

Is this the first time it has ever done this ?
It happened to me one time.
So I left the battery out overnight.
The next day I put it back in and was working fine.
It seems like it's always something or another going haywire.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Steve, thanks for the suggestion. As luck would have it, my friend also has the Typhoon H and his ST-16 controller works fine and we already tried swapping out his battery into my controller ( prior to my posting ) and it doesn't work. It really frustrates me that support via Yuneec is pretty non-existant. Also, because I didn't include it in my original post, the fans do not come on at all either.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
As luck would have it, my friend also has the Typhoon H and his ST-16 controller works fine and we already tried swapping out his battery into my controller
Yuneec would have simply told you to mail the whole kit to them for repair/replacement. They would have thrown the ST16 in the pile and sent your kit back with a different controller after 1-3 months. It's not just Yuneec. Other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Your choices at this point are to buy a used ST16 or send yours to www.yuneecskins.com for repair. They also have used ones for sale or parts if you wish to repair it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold