Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ Battery Attitude

Reaction score
I'm curious about the way your ST10+ batteries act. When I first got mine about a month ago, I could charge it all night, head to the flying spot, and it would be dead. I could charge it up to 100%, leave it off, and within hours, it would be down to 40%. Yuneec sent me a new battery, and it started doing the same thing after about the 3rd charge. A drain in the transmitter is what everyone seems to suspect now. For two weeks, the new battery seemed to be working ok, if I made sure it was near full charge before heading out to fly. I would fly it 4 times in a day, averaging about 15-20 minutes per flight, and the ST10+ battery would be in the 40-50% range. It also started holding a full charge for several days without use. I've had it off for 2 days now, with a full charge, but tonight I went out to get video in Night-mode, to see how it turned out, and the ST10+ was down to 28% on it's own when I turned it on. Is this normal for you?? In another forum, people tell me that their ST10+ can go a week or two without needing a charge. I don't know if they fly as much as me per day though. I cannot go fly without giving it a charge. Yuneec wants to look at it, but will need it for 5 or 6 weeks. The company I bought it from doesn't have an ST10 to swap with me. I can't be without my Typhoon for a long period of time, because my videos are getting some attention now, and people are ready to pay me for pics/videos of their homes and properties, along with local Realtor's. I thought about buying a Typhoon Q, and using it's ST10+ for both of my Typhoons, until Yuneec either fixes or replaces my 1st ST10+. What does everyone think? What would you do in a need-to-fly-now situation? And does your ST10+ YP-3 battery have the same attitude as mine?

I would send it to Yuneec to be looked over. Buy another GCS if needed. Or buy another drone like the G for $499. You could sell off the G gimbel and Drone, to cover your costs of the GCS. Last thing you want is for the quad to crash due to failed CGS battery.

Yeah, the prices I've seen for a new ST10+ alone, are higher than the price of a new Q500, with a ST10+, batteries and the hand grip. That's crazy for a transmitter to cost more than a new drone/transmitter combo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval