Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
So been flying my Q500 and it's great. However the one thing that I can't seem to figure out is why there's such a delay in the video feed to my ST10. I've flown some of the DJI products and the video feed is in real time. But with my Q500 I have never been able to get a good stream without a serious lag, not even from take off when the drone is right by me. Is this common or should I contact Yuneec to see what's wrong. Thanks for your input

So been flying my Q500 and it's great. However the one thing that I can't seem to figure out is why there's such a delay in the video feed to my ST10. I've flown some of the DJI products and the video feed is in real time. But with my Q500 I have never been able to get a good stream without a serious lag, not even from take off when the drone is right by me. Is this common or should I contact Yuneec to see what's wrong. Thanks for your input
Yuneec uses WiFi for the video signal so the images are converted to a digital format and sent in packets to the ST10. This causes some delay in the display but I've never seen a big lag. Adding an external antenna to the ST10 made a huge difference on mine as far as the signal strength and distance.
On the ST10 the internal antennas are located in the very front so make sure it faces the Q while flying. Anything that partially blocks the signal will have a significant impact on the video feed.

Yea don't think interference is the problem. I've been 15 ft away facing the drone at take off and the delay is horrible. Maybe the antenna wire is loose. Idk

It's normal.
With the Q right next to me I get about a half second lag. It grows the farther the Q gets away from you.
Keep that in mind....
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval