Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 automatically comes up telling me my camera is not connected

I have flown my drone numerous times and took plenty of videos so the controller I have does work with my Typhoon H Pro Drone. Here is a snapshot of the ST16 and the error message that I get as soon as the ST16 comes up. My camera is CGo3.

1586604454875.png

Reactions: WTFDproject
Guys can I sit in on your skype call ? I do not have the SAME problem, but it is a Typhoon H with a brand new camera problem. I can actually fly my drone, but not bid the camera to save my sould. I'm brand new, so it could easily be me. I know I bought an SD card, but I'm pretty sure it's not U3. Could that keep it from binding?

@drbarbour can you send me a message on skype?

@JD Flyer if you have not fixed your problem by then, ill help you out after me and drbarbour are done

SilentR9,

I am having the same issue. After a two 16 shot panorama flight, I landed, shut the drone down and swapped batteries never removing the controller from my neck. H Pro with factory 3 antenna. After I rebooted the drone the video would not show even though I could move the camera in all axis, and start the rotors. While this is going on, I get a slow Purple and white flash, not listed in Yuneec's codes, and in a moment the drone rapidly flashes red. I get the same message as the pic shows in tait0 first message on the controller. If I press OK it takes me immediately to choose camera dialog and no matter which camera I chose, It gives me the "Camera Not Connected" message and will go no further. I can hit the return arrow and it takes me back to the main screen but just starts the loop over. I have tried hitting the reset refresh in the binding menu but it will not release the model and it does not find any cameras to bind with. I have reinstalled the latest firmware but when I try the camera firmware it says WiFi disabled and I have NO way of turning it on since I cannot get to Pad. I tried switching cameras ( I have three ) with no difference. Incidentally, I have the first model Pro St-16 (two antennas which I upgraded to 3 antennas) and the drone will boot to it with little issue, however I am afraid to fly with it...
My problem seems to be with the newer ST-16sStart Up Screen after 10 minutes.png2nd screen after pressing Return.png3rd screen after OK.png4th screen after selecting C-G03-Pro camera.png5th screen trying to reinstall firmware.pngWill NOT reset away from original model and refresh wont see any cameras.png and Very suddenly.
Here are screen shots of what I'm getting. Note the file names....

Is There A Way To Factory Reset the Controller Externally or even inside the case somewhere?

TIA... Terry

The slow purple with white flash is actually solid purple for Angle mode with GPS and the white flash means GPS is good enough for Follow Me mode.

This is starting to sound like the WiFi is bad on the controller. Power up the controller without powering up the aircraft and use the Back button to remove the connection screen, select Pad, tap hold and pull down at the top right of the screen and select WiFi. Make sure WiFi is on then attempt to connect to your home WiFi on a 5GHz connection. If this works then the WiFi on the ST16 is good. Disconnect from the WiFi network.

Now power up the aircraft with camera mounted. Now use your phone or your computer and look for the camera’s SSID (CGO3P_xxxxxx where the C’s are the last six digits of the cameras MAC address). Connect to the camera via WiFi. If this works try connecting with the ST16 again.

For what ever reason it appears the WiFi is turned off on your ST16 or the WiFi card is kaput. Notice the WiFi symbol in the photo of my controller at the upper right next to the battery level. That symbol is missing on yours and on others in the thread.

0783D08B-5BCB-4A66-94C1-F5A0523FF2EB.jpeg

For what ever reason it appears the WiFi is turned off on your ST16 or the WiFi card is kaput. Notice the WiFi symbol in the photo of my controller at the upper right next to the battery level. That symbol is missing on yours and on others in the thread.

View attachment 21223

That is what I'm beginning to think. However, there should be a method to hard reset the android as on phones. Like some phone you press the down volume and hold the start button etc etc.... I've even thought about connected as an external drive and deleting everything off it to freak it into submission with ALL the firmware
bin files on the chip...

I've even thought about connected as an external drive and deleting everything off it to freak it into submission with ALL the firmware bin files on the chip...
Random deletion of files will likely result in a bricked controller.

Have you powered up the drone, and looked for the camera WiFi on your smart phone?

Solid green on the rear main LED means you have enough GPS for routine flight. Green with white flashes means you have enough additional GPS to support the more advanced flight modes. Is it possible this is what you saw before the flashes turned to red?

Rapid red flashes ( 5 per second) could indicate the controller is in "Home" Mode. Please confirm the Mode switch is in Angle Mode (Center Position).

Slightly slower red flashes (3 per second), indicate a failure to initialize, but does not seem likely given the mention of green prior to red flashes.

SilentR9 helped me to reset my ST16. It can be done but it takes a step not defined anywhere by Yuneec. After getting my ST16 reset I still could not find any wifi. I attempted to find a ST16 wifi card and they are not easy to come by. I eventually found a ST16 for sale on Ebay and purchased it for a pretty good price ($90 +$16 shipping). When I got it in I attempted to bind it to my drone and it did but it would not respond to the sticks so I took out the wifi card in that st16 and put it in my old St16 that had the problems and it fixed by wifi issues allowing me to bind with my camera. I need to go through some calabration but it appears to have fixed by problem. I know have spare parts for my ST16 include a spare battery.

I would contact SilentR9 for assistance with reseting your ST16. He is very knowledgable and very willing to help you one-on-one.

SilentR9 did works some magic and get my ST16 reset. However, my Wifi card in the ST16 was bad so I had to get another one. Not so easy, I had to purchase a used ST16 card just to get the wifi. I did and it fixed my problem. If yu cannot get your ST16 to see any wifi, it is a good bet it is the wifi card. They list it for about $30 on Yuneec;s site but the state Out of stock. I am afraid it will always be out of stock. My suggestion is if you see any old ST16 on ebay floating around, you might just want to pick one up in case.

Reactions: SilentR9
SilentR9 did works some magic and get my ST16 reset. However, my Wifi card in the ST16 was bad so I had to get another one. Not so easy, I had to purchase a used ST16 card just to get the wifi. I did and it fixed my problem. If yu cannot get your ST16 to see any wifi, it is a good bet it is the wifi card. They list it for about $30 on Yuneec;s site but the state Out of stock. I am afraid it will always be out of stock. My suggestion is if you see any old ST16 on ebay floating around, you might just want to pick one up in case.
Can you go through the process that SilentR9 went though to reset the ST16? I am having the same problem. It's frustrating since this is one of the only forums that I have found that speak about this issue, and then the solution was done on Skype.

Can you go through the process that SilentR9 went though to reset the ST16? I am having the same problem. It's frustrating since this is one of the only forums that I have found that speak about this issue, and then the solution was done on Skype.
There have been a couple issues mentioned in the thread, but the main target was the "Camera is not Match" loop. Assuming that is your issue, reset alone is not likely to fix the problem. It sounds like you have a bad WiFi Board. And most times, replacing the WiFi board clears the problem without doing the reset anyway.

Reactions: DoomMeister
You may be able to break the loop by simply disconnecting the WiFi Module. It works sometimes, sometimes not. It does NOT restore WiFi if the module is bad. It just allows you to move around the controller and try things like "Factory Reset" while the module is unplugged. It's still not likely to help much. In the extremely unlikely instance your issue is just corroded contacts on the WiFi connectors, there is maybe a chance for a miracle when you unplug them and plug them back in. Never worked for me.

This is the most likely source of your problem. This module is mostly about 5.8 Ghz to/from the camera, but it also has a second 2.4 Ghz function for connecting to your home WiFi. Lots of folks just refer to it as the "5.8" WiFi module anyway.
Module.jpg

Do you have a second ST16 available that you could swap modules with? Be nice to identify the exact issue before purchasing a new module.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
There have been a couple issues mentioned in the thread, but the main target was the "Camera is not Match" loop. Assuming that is your issue, reset alone is not likely to fix the problem. It sounds like you have a bad WiFi Board. And most times, replacing the WiFi board clears the problem without doing the reset anyway.
I just took off the back cover of the controller to see if any wires had come loose from the WiFi board, but it was all intact. I suppose that it is the WiFi board that needs to be replaced. That’s good to know that the loop will be resolved once the board is replaced.
Could you verify that this replacement board I found is the correct one? Thank you foe your quick response!
Yuneec ST16 / ST16-Pro Controller WiFi Module YUNST16111SVC

Ok thank you for the confirmation. In the meantime, I would still like to fly the drone even without video capabilities. I can't do that while stuck in the loop, so if someone could help me do a reset on the ST16, that would be much appreciaetd!

You MAY be able to reset if you disconnect the two connectors shown in post #36 above. Disconnecting sometimes breaks the loop. You can then do a reset if you want to. I have no idea how well the system will work with only 2.4 GHz control WIFI working, even if the disconnect restores the ability. It may be risky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis