Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 battery charger

You got it!... 15.2V total

Not sure of the specifics on a black edition... my X2 AC takes as much as 5 hours to do a storage charge, from a fully charged battery. The discharge function is considerably slower than the standard charging.

What I got in the habit of doing, is to run all H flight batteries down to 14.5V under load, as shown on the ST-16... then land. That way you're probably within 1 volt of the 15.2 target storage voltage. So finishing it off with the storage function, will probably take less than an hour.

2C should be fine for the ST-16 battery...since it is a Lithium Ion it's care is not quite so restrictive as a LiPo... you can also store fully charged with no issue.

Ideal charge rate for lion is ~0.7C. Higher charge rates trigger the charge protection cut off circuit sooner, leaving you with a battery with less capacity than it could have had.

jMOWOOD needs to pay a visit to batteryuniversity.com and do some reading. An alternative would be to click the lipo battery article at the top of the page. As he is woefully deficient in battery knowledge a broader education would be to his benefit, and save others a lot of work in replies to what is already a lengthy series of questions.

Ideal charge rate for lion is ~0.7C. Higher charge rates trigger the charge protection cut off circuit sooner, leaving you with a battery with less capacity than it could have had.

Thanks PatR! I have revised my post to reflect that correct C rate... and yes, batteryuniversity.com is a good site... I think you had pointed me there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia