Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 battery storage.

Reaction score
Newb,,and i cant say i have ever seen the recommendation of storing the battery outside of the controller like i see in the Typhoon H manual.
whenever i get anything new i go for the batteries first :)
so is this taking the battery out of the controller when done flying a real thing ?? seems like the batt cables and ends could suffer..
or is it for long term storage at storage voltage..
thank you..

Newb, a nemohu říci, že jsem někdy viděl doporučení pro uložení baterie mimo ovladač, jak vidím v manuálu Typhoon H.
kdykoli dostanu něco nového, jdu nejprve pro baterie :)
je to tedy vyndávání baterie z ovladače, když skončíte s létáním, skutečná věc? vypadá to, že by mohly trpět kabely a konce batt ..
nebo je to pro dlouhodobé skladování při skladovacím napětí ..
Děkuju..
Já mám 2 ST16. Jedna ST16 nemá problém, druhá i při vypnuté ST16 baterii pomalu vybíjí. Za 3 dny je prázdná. Nevěděl jsem to a myslel jsem, že je baterie špatná. Koupil jsem novou baterii a také se vybila. Baterii dávám pryč z ST16 po nabití. To jsem poznal. Zkus baterii vyndat a potom změřit.

Translation:
I have 2 ST16. One ST16 has no problem, the other slowly discharges the battery even when the ST16 is turned off. It is empty in 3 days. I didn't know and I thought the battery was bad. I bought a new battery and it also ran out. I put the battery away from ST16 after charging. I knew that. Try removing the battery and then measuring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: roncoinc
Hello everyone I have 2 ST16 batteries, one is still the original equipment one from 7/2018 and the other from 2019. Up until now I have always kept them charged and I've never had any problems, but since I'll keep them still for a long time I don't know if it's advisable to do the storage as for the Lipo and if anyone knows what voltage to do it. Thank you

Nevím jestli mám pravdu . U takových baterií jsem četl, po letu dobít. Já myslím, nechat baterie nabité. Nabíjí se dlouho a pomalu. To je dobré.

I don't know if I'm right. For such batteries, I read that they should be recharged after the flight. I mean, keep the batteries charged. It charges long and slowly. It is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevím jestli mám pravdu . U takových baterií jsem četl, po letu dobít. Já myslím, nechat baterie nabité. Nabíjí se dlouho a pomalu. To je dobré.
Translation:
I don 't know if I'm right . For such batteries I read, after the flight to recharge. I mean, leave the batteries charged. It charges long and slowly. That's good.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello everyone I have 2 ST16 batteries, one is still the original equipment one from 7/2018 and the other from 2019. Up until now I have always kept them charged and I've never had any problems, but since I'll keep them still for a long time I don't know if it's advisable to do the storage as for the Lipo and if anyone knows what voltage to do it. Thank you
The packs for the ST16, ST10, ST12, and ST24 all use Li-ion cells. There is no harm in giving them a full charge for long storage. They will slowly dissipate over time. I would suggest not leaving them in the controller for long storage (> 3 months).

a more in-depth investigation also by contacting battery manufacturers, it emerged that the LI-po and the Li-ion are very similar apart from the nominal voltage 3.7 and 3.6 volt/cell respectively, the Li-ion technologically more dated but substantially it is suggested the same method of storage.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
The Li-ion battery in the ST16 is simply 3 ea 18650 batteries wired in parallel. The 18650 is one of the most common Li-ion batteries in use around the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop