Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 clock & calender reset by updates - H520 / ST16 / Camera issues?

Reaction score
The issues around the recent update are causing all sorts of issues, some seemingly unconnected.

I had a couple of the GPS warnings for the first time yesterday and was having issues updating my flight log, one ST16 refused to properly initialize one of the two E90's (but the other ST16 did) and there were various other things that weren't just right. I didn't fly either bird because I didn't want to have a fly away or a crash.

Checking over the systems I went to the android side of the ST16 system and found that the update had reset the Android system clock and calender to 2014.

Previously I have experienced weird behaviour from the H520' and the H480's when the ST16 calender reset to the software creation date.

Suggest anyone having weird issues check their tablets calender and clock settings.

New updates from Yuneec last night. Updater and Datapilot ...... Updater has a new title bar .... H520 (Not for H520E). Does this indicate there might have been code cross-contamination maybe?
Flight control firmware also got an update ....... same issue maybe?

I am now waiting for it to stop raining to see if the birds behave.

Reactions: WTFDproject
As noted by @Gadget2628, this update only seems to have new material for UpdatePilot, DataPilot and Flight control. Given so many issues were camera related, this is curious. I hope we start hearing of some recoveries from the many folks that took a hit on the last update. I also find the mention of calendar and clock issues associated with the last update to be interesting. I can't remember if I had to reset my calendar and clock or not. But I don't think so, and I did not have nearly as much issue with the last update as others. It would be useful if others could comment on the Date/time question with the previous update. I saw no date/time issue with this latest update.

Anyway, some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

Versions.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-29-21-37-00.png Screenshot_2021-01-29-21-52-41.png

It is the first time I can recall having to do it as part of an upgrade. The install process gives you the ability to install and retain your data/ setting so I would have thought that applied to the to the calender and clock.

Haven't been able to fly, still raining but did a couple of static startups. No GPS warnings at start up or errant camera behaviour. I did get a loss of control message BUT I had just put the misbehaving E90 through a calibration so I am not concerned about that.

I will also be interested to see what happens with the problematic drones.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I never had correct time or date on my first gen h520 unless I connected to wifi or set it manually after changing st16s batteries.

Hello, Since my last update, which I performed in March 2021, I have no longer been able to carry out a mission with my H520, my E90 camera panics in flight and becomes uncontrollable, it spins, it vibrates ... J 've tried several times to calibrate the compass, accelerometer ... But nothing helped. Finally indeed the calendar of St 16 is fixed on the year 2014

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval