Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Controller - No video on the screen

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure what happen ,but when I power on my controller LED light lights up blue and it beeps one time. However, screen it just staying blank. I can adjust tilt and it makes a beep sound, so controller is on, but screen is completely blank. Do you guys have experience with this issue?

Last edited:
Hi,

Not sure what happen ,but when I power on my controller LED light lights up blue and it beeps one time. However, screen it just staying blank. I can adjust tilt and it makes a beep sound, so controller is on, but screen is completely blank. Do you guys have experience with this issue?

Check that camera is being seen in the set up menu. There is a good video by Terrestial Imaging that explains the whole binding process.

Is the controller and camera bound? Did you remove the gimbal lock that covers the lens? Sorry, but I had to ask.

Go into "System Settings" in the controller to see if both the camera and the aircraft have been bound to the controller. If you do not see a camera listed in orange under "Camera" perform the binding process. Check the user instructions for how to do this. It is not difficult. Once bound, go down the page to "Camera Select" and choose "CGO3-Pro".

Necro post, but relevant. I am having the same problem as original poster (OP). This has nothing to do with the camera.

When I power on the ST16, the screen is black - no video. The little blue power indicator light illuminates, and there is a single beep, but nothing else. Not even a battery charge indicator when plugged into the charger. This is all prior to powering on the Typhoon H. I have two batteries that are fully charged that I have swapped out in an attempt to get the screen to indicate something.

Swapping the batteries has helped in the past, but no longer.

Any help

RESOLVED: I now have video on the ST16 controller tablet and full batteries.

SOlution: I just disconnected the battery and reconnected several times while plugged in to the charger. Then I powered it on while it was on the charger...after a few hours I turned the ST16 off while still on the charger, then after another few hours, I turned it back on and got video back to the tablet and the battery indication was down to 48% - left it to charge while powered off and now I'm good to go with both batteries. It seems that somehow the ST16 discharged the fully charged battery - so maybe I will test disconnecting the ST16 battery when not in use for a few days.

I had (have?) a similar problem. The ST16 worked fine yesterday. I powered it on for 15 minutes or so while outside to update the GPS info prior to flying today. I plugged in the charger to to ensure I had a full charge. I unplugged it either late last night or earlier this morning. I went to fly this afternoon and had the same indications as in the OP. I checked the battery and it read 3.06 volts. I Googled and came across this post. With the charger connected I unplugged the battery and then reconnected. I heard the fans come on and the display reappeared. I couldn't see any indication of battery charge. I powered off and now when I tap the screen I see what I assume to be an indication of a fully discharged battery being charged; a battery outline with a red indication of very low charging and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. It seems likely that this is the appropriate display for a fully discharged battery being charged. I think there's a lesson to be learned here.
It's so nice to find a solution to a problem posted.

I had (have?) a similar problem. The ST16 worked fine yesterday. I powered it on for 15 minutes or so while outside to update the GPS info prior to flying today. I plugged in the charger to to ensure I had a full charge. I unplugged it either late last night or earlier this morning. I went to fly this afternoon and had the same indications as in the OP. I checked the battery and it read 3.06 volts. I Googled and came across this post. With the charger connected I unplugged the battery and then reconnected. I heard the fans come on and the display reappeared. I couldn't see any indication of battery charge. I powered off and now when I tap the screen I see what I assume to be an indication of a fully discharged battery being charged; a battery outline with a red indication of very low charging and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. It seems likely that this is the appropriate display for a fully discharged battery being charged. I think there's a lesson to be learned here.
It's so nice to find a solution to a problem posted.
Battery fully charged. I was afraid that at some point the battery would begin discharging so I intermittently monitored the charging. The yellow triangle disappeared, the red charging indication turned to yellow then white and after about 3 hours the charge showed 48%. After 4 or so hours the charge still showed 48%. I disconnected for an hour or so, reconnected and checked after about half an hour and it was 53%. I repeated the cycle. It seems that leaving the charger connected continuously is not the fastest way to charge.

Using the factory charging method is about the slowest way there is. Try a 1.5-2A phone or common tablet USB to mini USB wall charger next time.

Using the factory charging method is about the slowest way there is. Try a 1.5-2A phone or common tablet USB to mini USB wall charger next time.
Actually I did. At the 53% point I switched to a 2.4A charger. As it was still at 53% after an hour is when I suspected that some sort of duty cycle in the ST16 was the culprit. I wish I had a timer that I could set for varying charge and rest times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis