Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 controller OBS avoid switch broken

Reaction score
Hey out there! I've got a ST16 with a broken OBS avoid switch. I can move the switch base with something pointy but it's loose. I just added Realsense and from what I see this switch is needed. Question being can anyone lead me as to where I could get a OBS switch? What function does it have exactly with realsense?

Question being can anyone lead me as to where I could get a OBS switch?

I think this is the switch you want.
Please do not be confused by the fact the "OFF" is in the middle on this switch. The one in your ST16 is the same. The position LABELED as "off" on your ST16 is actually the only position that has contact with anything (welcome to the confusion of electronics).

"Link removed"

The switch solders onto the right "button board" inside the ST16:

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckBridges
Hey out there! I've got a ST16 with a broken OBS avoid switch. I can move the switch base with something pointy but it's loose. I just added Realsense and from what I see this switch is needed. Question being can anyone lead me as to where I could get a OBS switch? What function does it have exactly with realsense?
You can probably find the switch board here if you don't want to solder.
Parts

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Best guess is if people don’t want to install parts the right way they should not be installing parts at all, and sending out for qualified repair instead.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Best guess is if people don’t want to install parts the right way they should not be installing parts at all, and sending out for qualified repair instead.

Especially considering this is a Aircraft with the potential to injure someone or damage property if the repairs are not done correctly.

The switch has 2 functions.
Top position is real sense of.
Bottom position is on.
Position in the middle has no function.

When you use real sense speed en flight time will be reduced

It’s an easy replacement and the board is possible to purchase from Yuneec or Carolina Dronz I believe. If you have the long pole switch, it’s best to replace with the better shorter spade switch that is now the current switch in newer controllers. If you can handle a screw driver and are not afraid of small connectors, you will find it’s pretty straight forward. Watch out the first time you separate the two halves as it takes a bit of careful prying and wants to pop open suddenly and can pull on the wires going to the fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430