Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Controller PASSWORD

Reaction score
I charged my ST16 controller for the first time. I went to power it up and I was prompted for a password. The factory password I was told is 1234567890. I however must of gone into the settings and put a new password in, which I forgot.
The ST16 will not allow any function until a correct password is entered. I called support and asked if there is a factory default I could perform to reset the password. I was told no there isn't and I would have to send it in to get re flashed.

There wasn't any warning indicating that if you forget or lose your password you are without a working controller. Anyone else experience this? I wonder how long I will have to wait to get it back.

Reactions: THEFIXXXERONE
I charged my ST16 controller for the first time. I went to power it up and I was prompted for a password. The factory password I was told is 1234567890. I however must of gone into the settings and put a new password in, which I forgot.
The ST16 will not allow any function until a correct password is entered. I called support and asked if there is a factory default I could perform to reset the password. I was told no there isn't and I would have to send it in to get re flashed.

There wasn't any warning indicating that if you forget or lose your password you are without a working controller. Anyone else experience this? I wonder how long I will have to wait to get it back.
First I have heard of anyone changing their passcode, or why you forgot the one you gave it? Sorry for the mishap and hope you can correct it quickly, should take more that two weeks, why can Yuneec not tell you how to re-flash it?

Reactions: Joju
First I have heard of anyone changing their passcode, or why you forgot the one you gave it? Sorry for the mishap and hope you can correct it quickly, should take more that two weeks, why can Yuneec not tell you how to re-flash it?

Hi DroneClone. Actually I don't believe I did create a password. If I did I would of written it down for sure. As well, I have tried numerous password codes that I would of used and none work. This only happened after a full charge on the controller was performed.

Good question on why Yuneec support couldn't of told me how to re flash it. I spoke with two different representatives who put me on hold numerous times asking various co workers what to do.

There wasn't anything they could tell me except "I could not do anything but send it back"
I only had it for three weeks and it has the latest build.

Hi DroneClone. Actually I don't believe I did create a password. If I did I would of written it down for sure. As well, I have tried numerous password codes that I would of used and none work. This only happened after a full charge on the controller was performed.

Good question on why Yuneec support couldn't of told me how to re flash it. I spoke with two different representatives who put me on hold numerous times asking various co workers what to do.

There wasn't anything they could tell me except "I could not do anything but send it back"
I only had it for three weeks and it has the latest build.
Sorry for my misspells, meant should take less than 2 weeks and also I never heard of the need for a password issue. When I first set my up, It never requested me to set one up either. The only password I was aware of was the one to access settings for camera, etc.
Have you tried taking the ST16 battery out of the 16 for 30 seconds, and then hook it back up? It may reset it, for what it's worth, It cannot hurt !

Sorry for my misspells, meant should take less than 2 weeks and also I never heard of the need for a password issue. When I first set my up, It never requested me to set one up either. The only password I was aware of was the one to access settings for camera, etc.
Have you tried taking the ST16 battery out of the 16 for 30 seconds, and then hook it back up? It may reset it, for what it's worth, It cannot hurt !
Funny, it never prompted me for a password for the camera. It was out of the box and ready. Attached is what comes up on the screen. It last for less then 10 seconds then goes black and locked out.

Attachments

• IMG_20160615_121301746.jpg
    IMG_20160615_121301746.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
That is really strange, I have never seen that screen ever, probably a factory setup screen, that was never removed after programming? The camera re-bind password only comes up when you want to rebind it. I take it the battery removal did not help it? It may sadly have to go back, and I am sorry for that !

That screen pic almost looks like the one you get when you go to PAD. I know there is a password you can set every time you power up the ST16. It doesn't come with a password from Yuneec...strange!

That screen pic almost looks like the one you get when you go to PAD. I know there is a password you can set every time you power up the ST16. It doesn't come with a password from Yuneec...strange!
Hi FreeFly, support told me 1234567890 as well as 12345678.
I flew it with The Wizard for the first time today as a result of not having a controller. Still waiting for an e-mail from Yuneec with a RMA notice attached so I can send it.

Works really well. I had no issues. I have not been able to locate the app for the Android which is needed in order to activate the camera while using The Wizard. Couldn't find it on The Google Play Store, or on Yuneec's site.

The first time I got asked for a password I assumed I was being asked to type in a pass
word, so I did. It wasn't until I went online I found out there's a password already registered, 1234567890. Next time I got asked for password I typed in the Yuneec password and finally got into the settings.
What I find is required from Yuneec is a comprehensive manual explaining all the features and explanations on how to use and the benefits associated.
Typhoon H is a new model so it's frustrating for me to find the answers to my beginners questions, just happy to have found this site with gents who have and are happy to share knowledge to us new enthusiates

Reactions: GRH and DroneClone
Over two weeks and I still have not received a phone call nor have I received a RMA to send this one off. I also spoke to them informing that I don't believe I went in and set up a password because I didn't wright one down and have for days been entering different passwords that I would of used and to no avail.
I was told a supervisor will contact me once they have looked at the case. At this point I am going to try to dispute the charge and send the unit back. Contact someone with consumer rights. It is sitting here worthless. Very disturbing.

Over two weeks and I still have not received a phone call nor have I received a RMA to send this one off. I also spoke to them informing that I don't believe I went in and set up a password because I didn't wright one down and have for days been entering different passwords that I would of used and to no avail.
I was told a supervisor will contact me once they have looked at the case. At this point I am going to try to dispute the charge and send the unit back. Contact someone with consumer rights. It is sitting here worthless. Very disturbing.
Ask for the manager

Hi DroneClone. I have. I was given a name of a woman. I was told she would call me when she has reviewed the case. I don't know what else to do at this point. They don't seem friendly at all.
I have e-mailed support as well and got the same reply.

Well, finally a manager called me today. Very friendly and I have a ST16 on the way.
I went about contacting the right person via social network and PM'd a senior person.
Next thing I knew I received a cc'd E-mail to the Customer Service Mgr and asked to "fix the situation today".

She called me first thing.
I mailed out the ST16 today and should have a replacement by Wed.
I must say, it was a Yuneec way of getting it done!
But now, I have a contact!!

Reactions: jwjohnson
You all are going to love this!!! I know where your Camera Bind password can be changed and NO FLASHING is required. Use a text editor and open the file "wireless.conf" within the "MISC" folder on the SD card itself. The file contains the following:

#####configuration file ########################################### WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)AP_PASSWD=1234567890

End of the file.

So, a minimum of 8 characters to 63.

I changed it and it becomes persistent if you use the same SD. I have changed the passphrase on all my SD cards.

Since it is the Wireless AP or Access Point passphrase, anyone and their mother could phreak the silly 10 digits snag your video between the ST controller and the Typhoon.

Warning: I do not know how it will affect the Wizard, but when I do find the need for team mode I will be interested and will augment this information accordingly.

Works really well. I had no issues. I have not been able to locate the app for the Android which is needed in order to activate the camera while using The Wizard. Couldn't find it on The Google Play Store, or on Yuneec's site.
Look for the cgo3 app in the Google play sore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval