Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 left and right Joysticks are responding slow when moving them up and down directions

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having an issue with my (ST16) remote. I had the remote and the H in the case for a few weeks and now that I pulled it out attempting to fly my Typhoon H, The minute I hit the throttle, the H didn't want to come down or land. I had to grab it mid air and pull the battery out to kill the motors. When I got home to check the channels and the response, it showed the throttle was not moving to100 % and the right side joystick for left, right, up and down was responding the same way. This can't be the joy sticks that are bad all of a sudden. Can anyone provide an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks.

I'm sure someone will chime in on this more. But you can do one of 2 things or both.
1. enter the calibration menu and calibrate the sticks.
2. Take the remote apart and clean the pots of the sticks.

Thanks for your reply. This is the secret menu correct? If so, can you tell me how to calibrate the sticks?

Yes the secret menu.
When you enter the menu it will come clear.
Note make sure your sliders are in the middle before you start

Yes the secret menu.
When you enter the menu it will come clear.
Note make sure your sliders are in the middle before you start

Understood. So when I get into this area, its not clear on what I need to do to make all the red boxes green. Do you have an idea on what to do here?

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

couple of things... you need to make sure the the pan control is centered, as well
as both the controls for tilt and turtle/rabbit or the calibration will not be successful.
After getting all controls completed and showing green on both calibration screens,
back out to the the main screen and reboot the ST-16.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide an idea of how to fix this?
Do not calibrate the sticks before you find the problem. Generally the problem is oxidation on the potentiometers which needs to be cleaned. After they are clean you can check it Hardware Monitor again to see if they are correct. If they don't center properly then do the calibration.

Watch starting at minute 3:00.
If you use this method, turn the ST16 off.

Reactions: Tuna
Do realize that the rabbit/turtle speed control is basically a final multiplier for the sticks when reading the telemetry and when doing the control check. If it wasn't all the way to rabbit, the readings will never be 100%.

Steve is right here *do not try to calibrate out a physical problem with the sticks*.

If the hardware monitor doesn't show a full +/-100% on the sticks, they are physically reading wrong and need to be cleaned or replaced. Calibrating to 'remove' the problem is hiding a potentially fatal failure, will cause unpredictable response and can lead to other issues, such as the Typhoon shutting down in flight.

I'll have to look back at whatever it was that I was looking at where I saw the sticks not go to full 100% unless the slider was all the way to the rabbit. Could have sworn it was the hardware monitor screen.

channel settings?
Good point.....NEVER use Channel Settings to test switches, dials or sticks. Hardware Monitor is for that purpose and there is no risk with using it. There is substantial risk when opening Channel Settings.

Thanks everyone on this thread for the advice on fixing the joy stick responsiveness issue. I took the advice to purchase CRC electro cleanser (safe for plastic) and sprayed in and around the joysticks. I then went back to the channel mode to see if the joysticks were responding afterwards. They weren't and it took me a couple of sprays and a little shacking of the remote to get the fluid into the joysticks and they started to finally work! I redid the calibration from the secret menu and if they work 100% now!

Recommend this fix to anyone having yaw response issues!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro