Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 left switch bank repair/replace

Reaction score
So I had the tilt switch on left bank crap out - have the st16 "apart" and removed the four screws for the board BUT I can't figure out how to get the "pan" control knob off from the top to be able to slide out the board. I may be able to repair the tilt switch - but need to get the board out. I don't want to pry too hard on the pan control knob - so am looking for some ideas/help.

thanks

Last edited:
Okay - so I manned up an just took a small amount of leverage to it - popped right up/off.

Did the top of the tilt switch pull out of the switch casing? That can be a problem with the ST16. There is a gap between the top of the switch casing and the controller case. When you tighten the nut on the front, it puts stress on the two brads that hold the switch stick to the switch casing.
If that is the issue, you can fabricate some kind of spacer to go in the gap so it doesn't happen again. I never found a ready made spacer that would fit, so I made one that would work from a piece of nylon tubing.

Switch Spacer.jpg

Last edited:
Did the top of the tilt switch pull out of the switch casing? That can be a problem with the ST16. There is a gap between the top of the switch casing and the controller case. When you tighten the nut on the front, it puts stress on the two brads that hold the switch stick to the switch casing.
If that is the issue, you can fabricate some kind of spacer to go in the gap so it doesn't happen again. I never found a ready made spacer that would fit, so I made one that would work from a piece of nylon tubing.

View attachment 22097
brilliant - I was going to try and "epoxy" the two pieces - but with great trepidation because I figured if any spilled over to the switch - it would be :(

yes exact problem that you identified - the sleeve that "snaps" into the switch is crap and when you tighten the retaining nut - it pops out...I will try your fix first...thanks for the input.

regards,

I hate to ping you on this question - but frankly - I am about the sell this Typhoon as parts if it doesn't start behaving...I have tried following all of the "GPS won't lock" threads and I fall into the category that my H hasn't flown in a long while. SO..Probably that battery that is referred to in one thread that talks about a battery that needs "recharging". I am guessing that I can put in a battery or two and just let the H sit and beep and that will do the trick? It has sat out in an open field for literally an hour and that GPS signal will come and go. Even in my home (inside) when I hook it up to my computer I get 9 sats - but still not ability to lock out in the wild. So....if that battery is the issue - look for it in the "classifieds"....Love my other two Yuneeks - but this one seems like owning a fancy Italian car....fun to look but will bite you if you look away for a second...thanks in advance for your guidance.

I am guessing that I can put in a battery or two and just let the H sit and beep and that will do the trick? It has sat out in an open field for literally an hour and that GPS signal will come and go. Even in my home (inside) when I hook it up to my computer I get 9 sats - but still not ability to lock out in the wild. So....if that battery is the issue - look for it in the "classifieds"....Love my other two Yuneeks - but this one seems like owning a fancy Italian car....fun to look but will bite you if you look away for a second...thanks in advance for your guidance.
We've learned a good bit about this issue recently. The battery might be the issue, but given that it did lock a time or two, and given it had about an hour to work and didn't, I'd say the chances on being a GPS battery issue are pretty slim.
I would encourage you to start a thread on this. There is some information you can provide that might help determine if the FC board in the drone is bad, or maybe the board in the controller is bad, or maybe even something else. It appears most cases, at least for Typhoon H, will turn out to be an issue with the FC board. But that could be an awful expensive guess if its wrong.

We've learned a good bit about this issue recently. The battery might be the issue, but given that it did lock a time or two, and given it had about an hour to work and didn't, I'd say the chances on being a GPS battery issue are pretty slim.
I would encourage you to start a thread on this. There is some information you can provide that might help determine if the FC board in the drone is bad, or maybe the board in the controller is bad, or maybe even something else. It appears most cases, at least for Typhoon H, will turn out to be an issue with the FC board. But that could be an awful expensive guess if its wrong.
thanks - I have been following a very recent thread on all this - and posted there to follow along. I have not ever fried the drone in any stretch of the imagination - so cooking the FC board seems remote...but then who knows with electronics? Literally I have flown this H about 5 times - all a long time ago - (i'd guess 2018 at best)...so i'm going to let this thing be powered ON and connected to my computer until the lipo battery gets to the "discharged level" and then see if tomorrow there is any improvement. thanks for the suggestion - will keep at it a while longer...then after the freezer - off to the classifieds....!! (maybe like HAL2000 in 2001 a Space Oddesy if it sees me threaten it with a sale - it will begin to behave...or try and kill me.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece