Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 of Pro will have three antennas, older ST16s will be upgraded

Reaction score
I've just got the Info that the ST16 of the PRo Version will have three antennas and with that a video range of about 1.5 km (4500 feet).
The ST16s of the current Adv. Version will be upgraded by Yuneec with the third antenna.
This is just a first info, ive got from someone who is in contact with Yuneec.
If i have further Infos about it and about the start date of upgrading, i will post it.

Further with the next FW the connection time to cam shall be within 1:30 mins (eu version).

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
thanks for the info .. i havent go mine yet as waiting on the pro ... so i should have 3 antenna out of the box ...also 1.5 min still seems slow

I've just got the Info that the ST16 of the PRo Version will have three antennas and with that a video range of about 1.5 km (4500 feet).
The ST16s of the current Adv. Version will be upgraded by Yuneec with the third antenna.
This is just a first info, ive got from someone who is in contact with Yuneec.
If i have further Infos about it and about the start date of upgrading, i will post it.

Further with the next FW the connection time to cam shall be within 1:30 mins (eu version).

So do you think this is true from the FAQs

What other Intel technologies are incorporated into Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology?
The ST16 controller has an Atom™ processor inside, running a full Android Operating System and enables:
  • Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen
  • Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display
  • Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc.
  • More powerful: 16 control channels, improved UI design, standardized control protocol

So do you think this is true from the FAQs

What other Intel technologies are incorporated into Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology?
The ST16 controller has an Atom™ processor inside, running a full Android Operating System and enables:
  • Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen
  • Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display
  • Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc.
  • More powerful: 16 control channels, improved UI design, standardized control protocol
Not sure what part of that statement you are questioning.

I've asked Laura, she gonna check it for us :)
They're probably just referring to the capabilities of the internal tablet. Be very careful interpreting statements of capability from the Chinese. The concept of "does" is very commonly interchanged with "could"

All they've done is slapped a cheap chinese tablet into the remote. You can buy the entire tablet there running Windows 10 or Android for 80 bucks. I wish they'd have at least upgraded to a fully laminated screen like a Xiaomi Mipad 2

Some people still believe in Santa Claus I see.

Companies upgrade features/components on products all the time. Imagine the cost of replacing items each time there is an upgrade.

If you currently own the 2 antenna ST16 then You Will Not receive a new ST16 with 3 external antennas just because one exists. However, If you return a damaged 2 antenna ST16 under warranty, you'll more than likely receive a new 3 antenna model back in return.

In the near future Yuneec will only make the 3 external antenna model for both versions of the 'H' as they do essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: mxpxboy
Some people still believe in Santa Claus I see.

Companies upgrade features/components on products all the time. Image the cost of replacing items each time there is an upgrade.

If you currently own the 2 antenna ST16 then You Will Not receive a new ST16 with 3 external antennas just because one exists. However, If you return a damaged 2 antenna ST16 under warranty, you'll receive a new 3 antenna model back in return.

In the near future Yuneec will only make the 3 external antenna model for both versions of the 'H'.
My ST-16 just doesn't feel like its working correctly;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JB1
Wonder if they'll offer trade credit. Likely depends on what components they could put on the shelf for repair stock or return to the vendor for credit on future orders.

I would question any hardware changes made during the first 6 months of production.....you don't make hardware changes unnecessarily, and in that case like recalls on cars, previous owners should be offered at least a retrofit kit...common sense and good business practices shouldn't be hard to employ here. we all could have easily chosen to buy the competitors product. Many of us chose Yuneec with their CS high on our lists.

My custom built hex has a Naza M as it's FC....and has functioned as intended since day one (2012) I chose Yuneec for the reported CS and the CCC feature....I was very close to buying an inspire...

Just food for thought...Yuneec

Peace
Anthony

its like what happed when the st10+ came out there was a trade in deal so i cant see why this would be any different

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval