Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 RC Link Transmitter

Reaction score
I saw a post earlier (not sure by who) about transmitter power levels. So, this morning I pulled out my spectrum analyzer and trusty RF Power Meter and decided to do some measurements. Using a 30dB attenuator, the transmitted power level on my ST-16 measured just under 45 mW. Since most typical RC Tx's are rated at around 100mw, this surprised me a bit. But if it works, it works. It also appears that Yuneec is using FHSS in 8 channels.

Will be doing the vTx on the CG03+ but I'm waiting on my replacement lens to do this so I don't have to take the camera apart twice. Will post those readings as soon as I get them.

Attachments

• Typhoon H RC Tx Pwr.jpg
    Typhoon H RC Tx Pwr.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Typhoon H ST-16 RC Link.jpg
    Typhoon H ST-16 RC Link.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Bobjazz and JohnL
Probably my post….And the other forum member wanted to know the power output of the CGO3+ …. I went to the FCC database and found their test document for certification of the CGO3. Yeah…. I thought all of Yuneec's power levels were on the low side. 45mW for the ST16 and 27mW for the camera seem VERY weak. And, driving the Sunhans pre-amps with that power will hardly get one to the max 2 watt output.

Reactions: JohnL
Hal, your info on the FCC database numbers and my measurements seem to jive. I'm guessing that the 45mW 2.4GHz Tx was a tradeoff on battery life. The 1S 8700 mAh battery has to drive the Android pad, the RC Tx and vRx. Using a more reasonable 100mW output for the RC Tx probably didn't meet their design requirements for battery load.

Reactions: JohnL
At that frequency, 2.4Ghz, not too sure how much more distance you would gain by the slight increase in power with out a better antenna system.
We're you able to check the telemetry output power from the H?

I saw a post earlier (not sure by who) about transmitter power levels. So, this morning I pulled out my spectrum analyzer and trusty RF Power Meter and decided to do some measurements. Using a 30dB attenuator, the transmitted power level on my ST-16 measured just under 45 mW. Since most typical RC Tx's are rated at around 100mw, this surprised me a bit. But if it works, it works. It also appears that Yuneec is using FHSS in 8 channels.

Will be doing the vTx on the CG03+ but I'm waiting on my replacement lens to do this so I don't have to take the camera apart twice. Will post those readings as soon as I get them.
Thanks for the info @K3CFPV! I was the one asking about the VTX power for the CGO3+. They both seem way underpowered.

Any of you guys having the stuttering live video problem on the ST16?

Reactions: Forrestt
Thanks for the info @K3CFPV! I was the one asking about the VTX power for the CGO3+. They both seem way underpowered.

I think most everyone has it Bobjazz. Seems to be typical from using wifi to broadcast video but it would be nice if it didn't.

Hi all,
Ok, here is the scoop, not to grab your conversation but you guys seem very knowledgable. I grabbed a ST16 transmitter new which I would like to use with my Q500. The question is not binding, connecting it to the Q500 that's the easy part the question is as follows. Do any of you know how I might be able to use the Q500 CG03 camera with the ST16 transmitter when the ST16 uses 720p video. Both cameras are CG03 with same 4k and 12mp video. I assumed the + is the 360 rotation on H. Is there a way to get good streaming video without the choppy video you get when connected i.e firmware etc..? Any help would be appreciated I really like the ST16 transmitter but like the Q500 copter better for the flight platform.

The other idea might be to place the CG03+ on the Q500 if it plugs in the same, cant tell have seen no good pictures of thee clip in connection of H. I would be willing to upgrade the camera if it is fully self contained and will work with same plug to Q500 (or easy switch out plug).

Thanks so much for any help on this subject.

Cheers

Batfire

I am not sure where you get the FCC info from could you please guide me to it. Yuneec are a bit coy with the info in the manual 1.1.

I have zero live video issues with mine but I don't fly beyond line of sight.

Stop talking about the LOS, you bought a drone and just want to fly a short distance??????

Yea most people live videos on st16 do stutter. However some people don't, luck of the draw. Yuneec say it don't stutter and when you send it back they will send you the same one back. Saying in the notes. Camera test passed all tests. and yet it still stutters lol. When using my iphone 6 plus with my P3, the video never stutter. I have Video IP 1080p cameras at home. When I move those around the live picture don't stutter. So I am at a lost. It not a antenna problem as it stutters the same 1 foot beside you or 2000 feet out.

Hummmm.

Some of you are talking about other nations or in Canada case the defacto 51st of the USA, at least on the British side anyway.

IMHO, whether it's a rule or a law either in the USA or UK, if you break it and get found out you are gonna run the risk of the long arm of the law reaching for you.

Reactions: Forrestt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval