Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 reboots in flight

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help me? I have tried to find a thread on this problem but couldn't find one.
I don't think my Autism helps in frustrated searching.
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction, please?
I recently bought a seemingly immaculate Typhoon H; I believe it's the v1 with the single dipole and singular circular polarised antrenna.
Anyway; every time i tried to fly it, within anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, the video screen would go blank, then into system reboot, and would continue to reboot randomly. When it does this it also stops recording, so the drone is completely unfit as a videography platform. I've had a Typhoon G and a Typhoon 4k and never encountered anything like this.
Does anyone know the cause of the problem and/or solution?
Thank you in advance.
Kindest regards,
Will

Not sure but you could try looking at these first.Try cleaning the electrical contacts on the camera and the drone. If the problem is still there you could try checking for a loose connection or broken wire.
Hope this helps.
Mike

The immediate probabilities lie in two areas:
1.) Hardware malfunction on the ST16. This would require more information than currently availably to diagnose, and the probability of identifying the issue is very low. We can discuss this later if the following item does not help.

2.) Incompatible Firmware. The symptoms you describe are possible if non-Yuneec firmware has been loaded on the ST16. The previous owner may have bypassed the protections Yuneec tried to put in place, and installed firmware that conflicts with ST16 programming, or overloads the ST16 resources. (That's why Yuneec tried to make it hard to do.)
You can look to see if any non-Yuneec APPS are present, but that may not be revealing. If a "bad" app was simply deleted, the APP itself will no longer appear. But some of them leave programming behind you can't see. For this reason, simply deleting a "bad" app is not always successful.
Doing a complete "factory reset" should clean up the controller. You will then have to create a new model, bind to the new model, and see if it clears the problem. If a factory reset does not clear the problem, we can try to diagnose a hardware issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval