Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Requires Calibration ?

Reaction score
Testing this evening the new upgrades. I noticed the H wanted to jump forward when hovering, exactly as a quad with a regular controller that needs trimming. I landed and looked at the hardware settings, and you can see in the photo the pitch control J3 when centered has a significant amount of forward trim. How do I recalibrate the ST16 or adjust the trim? Is there a secret code, and should I do that?

Thanks!
Screenshot_2016-09-16-18-34-03.png

Testing this evening the new upgrades. I noticed the H wanted to jump forward when hovering, exactly as a quad with a regular controller that needs trimming. I landed and looked at the hardware settings, and you can see in the photo the pitch control J3 when centered has a significant amount of forward trim. How do I recalibrate the ST16 or adjust the trim? Is there a secret code, and should I do that?

Thanks!
View attachment 3118

Try looking at the channel settings, you can edit it there, maybe, if you know the lingo, its all greek to me!

Go to Channel settings and select J3. Then select edit. See if the graph is at zero for the center stick position. It should look similar to this which is J1. Move the stick around to see what it's doing.
You don't need the H turned on, only the ST16.

Attachments

• Expo4.jpg
    Expo4.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Brian Mackey
Screenshot_2016-09-16-20-18-17.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-20-18-17.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-20-18-17.png

Thanks for the assist!

This is at dead stick center. The orange is my centered position, showing 7% offset on Position and Rate. I can't seem to get the 'position' centered. Rate and Offset adjust the red response line, not the orange base position.

Here is how, mine was drifting to the right and it fix it.

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

Thank you again. Seems the calibration worked in the secret menu! Position line is centered as can be seen in the screenshots. Also included screenshots of the secret menu. And, added an expo offset tied to the S1 switch to see how that works.

By-the-by, the new firmware update yesterday did correct my 'compass not calibrated' errors.

Going back out to try the hovering in the yard before heading out for real.

Journey far and fare well!

Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-11-24.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-11-24.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-13-18.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-11-24.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-13-18.png Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-13-38.png

Thank you again. Seems the calibration worked in the secret menu! Position line is centered as can be seen in the screenshots. Also included screenshots of the secret menu. And, added an expo offset tied to the S1 switch to see how that works.

By-the-by, the new firmware update yesterday did correct my 'compass not calibrated' errors.

Going back out to try the hovering in the yard before heading out for real.

Journey far and fare well!

View attachment 3121 View attachment 3121 View attachment 3122 View attachment 3121 View attachment 3122 View attachment 3123

So, what steps did you take to make it work? Just hit the J3 calibration and its automatic?

There is another procedure to adding expo, if you do not choose the channel you are working with in the right panel first,and then choose the corresponding J button on the left it will mix the throttle since the throttle is the default on the right panel. So if you are getting throttle when you apply J3 then that is the problem.

So, what steps did you take to make it work? Just hit the J3 calibration and its automatic?
Brian,
You press start and then move each stick until the corresponding button turns green. Do the same for K1-4. Then hit next again and do the same for all the switches and, sliders and buttons. It is imperative you have the tilt and rabbit sliders in the middle position when you start this. Switches can be in any position.

Brian,
You press start and then move each stick until the corresponding button turns green. Do the same for K1-4. Then hit next again and do the same for all the switches and, sliders and buttons. It is imperative you have the tilt and rabbit sliders in the middle position when you start this. Switches can be in any position.

Awesome this is really good stuff! Anytime we can fix it ourselves is awesome! Thanks for a great thread..

UGH. I just did the Calibration Test for my ST16 since my right stick is off-center to the left by a bit. And J4 won't pass! I can get every other stick axis and button to pass but J4 stays red. I tried rotating around many times. Is my ST16 busted? Thinking.... yes.

I just did the Calibration Test for my ST16 since my right stick is off-center to the left by a bit.
Oh no.
Did you check it in hardware monitor first?
Never do the calibration until you make certain the stick appears normal in Hardware Monitor. Most of the problems with sticks simply require cleaning. After it's cleaned, only then should you do any calibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval