Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 vibration

Reaction score
Since I have not really had the chance yet to fly the H aside from a fast hover in my yard, I am testing things as best I can. Everything seems okay except I have yet to feel any vibration from ST16.

Does that only trigger during flight? Are there any settings or buttons that you use that will cause it to vibrate without actually flying so I can test it?

vibrations comes with first battery warning with a red box and Textmessage on your screen

vibrations comes with first battery warning with a red box and Textmessage on your screen

Okay thanks. I thought it was also triggered under other conditions as well. Point is I guess the only way for me to test it is let the battery drain that low, which I don't want to do. i:)i

Reactions: eric bee
Okay thanks. I thought it was also triggered under other conditions as well. Point is I guess the only way for me to test it is let the battery drain that low, which I don't want to do. i:)i
Why? Low battery vibration occurs about 14.3v, As long as you are close to land you will be fine ! I land at about 14.5 v now, so don't worry about vibration ! fly safely !

Why? Low battery vibration occurs about 14.3v, As long as you are close to land you will be fine ! I land at about 14.5 v now, so don't worry about vibration ! fly safely !

Oh sorry I was not clear. I am not even flying yet, just testing with it sitting in place.
When I do fly I was going to start bringing it home at 15V, I do not want to drain it even to 14.5. From what I read 14.8 is about the minimum I want to go. Also I only have the battery that came with it and want to condition it so for the first 10 flights I want to go no lower than 15 period.

Another fast q while I am here, you guys think it is okay to let it sit with no props just spinning the motors? Is that hard on it? At some point when I want to store this for the winter or for a few weeks I will charge the battery just past half then I want to take it down to 15V for storage. I figure that is an easy way to do it without flying it.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I was not clear. I am not even flying yet, just testing with it sitting in place.
When I do fly I was going to start bringing it home at 15V, I do not want to drain it even to 14.5. From what I read 14.8 is about the minimum I want to go. Also I only have the battery that came with it and want to condition it so for the first 10 flights I want to go no lower than 15 period.

Another fast q while I am here, you guys think it is okay to let it sit with no props just spinning the motors? Is that hard on it? At some point when I want to store this for the winter or for a few weeks I will change the battery just past half then I want to take it down to 15V for storage. I figure that is an easy way to do it without flying it.
It would not harm it, but best to just hover off ground 5 feet or so to get it down to 15v then land it

Does that only trigger during flight? Are there any settings or buttons that you use that will cause it to vibrate without actually flying so I can test it?

When I was testing and setting up everything indoors (firmware updates etc) the ST16 vibrated when GPS signal was lost so you can try that

When I was testing and setting up everything indoors (firmware updates etc) the ST16 vibrated when GPS signal was lost so you can try that

It has never got a GPS lock indoors so never had a chance to lose it. I have never felt it vibrate yet. Everything else seems to be working from my very limited testing.

Last edited:
It has never got a GPS lock indoors so never had a chance to lose it. I have never felt it fibrate yet. Everything else seems to be working from my very limited testing.
It will vibrate if you lose GPS (which is good you haven't) or low battery warning about 14.3 v, hover it till you reach about 14.3 v if you want to confirm it works;)

It will vibrate if you lose GPS (which is good you haven't) or low battery warning about 14.3 v, hover it till you reach about 14.3 v if you want to confirm it works;)

I may have to do that at some point. I just cannot fly it yet so want to make sure everything works as much as I can.
Hoping to get it out flying soon though.

I may have to do that at some point. I just cannot fly it yet so want to make sure everything works as much as I can.
Hoping to get it out flying soon though.
Take it out, put the props on, get a good gps, put it in angle mode, push the red button to start the motors, take it up bout 5ft and let it hover. This will not hurt your TH. If it trie.s to get away from you push the left stick down it will land push the red button and the motors will stop. It will be ok.
Enjoy your purchase . Do you have anyone around that can help you?

Take it out, put the props on, get a good gps, put it in angle mode, push the red button to start the motors, take it up bout 5ft and let it hover. This will not hurt your TH. If it trie.s to get away from you push the left stick down it will land push the red button and the motors will stop. It will be ok.
Enjoy your purchase . Do you have anyone around that can help you?

That is exactly what I have done. The only thing I have done. i:)i

when you get a low battery warning are you also getting a notification that max height limit is reduced to xxx meters due to low battery?

Fast q... if you have your H sitting there with no props and fire it up then try to throttle up it gives the usual warning of 5 rotor mode etc... does your ST16 vibrate at that time?

Fast q... if you have your H sitting there with no props and fire it up then try to throttle up it gives the usual warning of 5 rotor mode etc... does your ST16 vibrate at that time?
Mine does not when I tried it? Got the warning on 16 though

Yeah I see the warning, just have yet to feel the vibration on the ST16. i:)i
I know I know let the battery get low but I don't want to do that until I have to, want to keep the battery conditioned. I am weird I know. i:)i

Yeah I see the warning, just have yet to feel the vibration on the ST16. i:)i
I know I know let the battery get low but I don't want to do that until I have to, want to keep the battery conditioned. I am weird I know. i:)i
Not weird my friend! Wise as it is smart to condition your batteries for the first 20 charges, then you will be free to go full bore!;)

Not weird my friend! Wise as it is smart to condition your batteries for the first 20 charges, then you will be free to go full bore!;)

Well they say to do it for the first 10 so I am doing that. Sad part is I am only messing with it so far. I still have yet to really get it properly in the air. Just been busy or when I could it was raining etc...

That may change soon though.

What if the entire summer goes by and I don't get to test it. i:)i
I just hope that after all these weeks if I have issues I will have no problems getting them resolved. i:)i

I think the H is only covered for 6 months as that is the warranty.

Reactions: DroneClone
What is preventing you from flying? It makes more sense to learn how the aircraft flies that to sit on the ground exploring warning indicators. If you understand how the controls function and how they interact you will be far better prepared to deal with a warning indicator if and when one occurs.

If you receive a low battery warning the solution is pretty simply, it's time to land. If you receive a GPS lost warning, do not use RTH and fly using manual navigation. If you receive a motor warning, it's time to land. For pretty much every warning you have the option to land in place where such an action can be performed. It's not necessary to become accustomed to a vibrating transmitter. When things are functioning correctly there is no vibration, if the transmitter vibrates you know something out of the ordinary is occurring and need to check for a warning message on the transmitter screen and perform accordingly. If you want to condition your battery the best way is to fly it, landing before you consume too much of the battery's stored energy. In doing that your flight skills and system understanding improve as well so there is double the benefit.

Although the H can be a considerable investment for some, letting it sit on the floor or a shelf due to a fear of crashing defeats the purpose of buying it. This is something that has affected a great many RC flyers over the years and tends to remove any enjoyment that should be obtained from the flying experience. If you are not flying it you are not enjoying it, and if you cannot enjoy it there's little reason to have it. No need to shoot pictures and videos in the beginning, just fly and learn in little steps if that's what you choose. Get out there and have some fun. You can only gain but so much by tinkering on the ground. To truly understand and enjoy you have to fly.

Reactions: horizontal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval