Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Wi-Fi won’t turn on, no camera connection

Hi everyone, I am having a similar issue about lack of wifi signal, but with a slight difference: while I am unable to select the proper camera, I am also unable to exit the "System Settings" main page.

This is the situation: the ST16 is stuck on the camera selection page (where you have to select the model: CGO3+. CGO3+pro, ecc...), whatever I select it is not being accepted by the system, as if there is no wifi (I see the message telling me there is no wifi in the firmware update page).
I can only move around the pages within the main "System Settings" page, calibration tests, firmware update, binding, ecc..., but no way to go back to the main screen.

About calibration: there is a WIFI CALIBRATION TEST, but I have no idea on how to use it...

Does any of you have any idea on how to solve this matter? Or you think it's just a wifi board issue?

Thanks in advance.

Even though I had read that turning on the ST16 without the antennas attached could damage the board, after a winter in storage I had forgotten that warning. But now I definitely won't. One power cycle without the antennas was all it took to kill the board.
I have several drones and I never remove the antennas during winter seasons. I think it is better you do not do that ether-

I happened to switch the ST16s on without the antennas some times, and I had no problems later, I just put them in position moments after I realised it. I think this may be the cause, but we still need to find a solution,at present it appears that the wifi board has to changed...

Im having a slightly different and very strange problem:
My controller connects to the camera just fine and i can fly and do everything as normal with the drone.
But, when i go into the pad, wifi is turned off and will not turn on, just hangs forever saying its turning on.
Does the drone itself have to be close by and switched on for me to use the pad? Would be weird if so!
Guess ill try that next.
Anyone any ideas otherwise?
Very frustrating.
Thanks.

Im having a slightly different and very strange problem:
My controller connects to the camera just fine and i can fly and do everything as normal with the drone.
But, when i go into the pad, wifi is turned off and will not turn on, just hangs forever saying its turning on.
Does the drone itself have to be close by and switched on for me to use the pad? Would be weird if so!
Guess ill try that next.
Anyone any ideas otherwise?
Very frustrating.
Thanks.
just check mine so pull down menu like you would on a phone ( slide finger from top of screen down ) press wifi icon and there is a slider to turn on wifi and select the wifi that is available hope that helps

just check mine so pull down menu like you would on a phone ( slide finger from top of screen down ) press wifi icon and there is a slider to turn on wifi and select the wifi that is available hope that helps
Thats what ive been doing, no matter how i try, it simply won't turn on.

Thats what ive been doing, no matter how i try, it simply won't turn on.
so if my understanding of this controller is correct and you can fly etc then the wifi board is fine and you should be able to turn the wifi on the only reason i can think that it would not work in another case is something wrong with the android system and maybe a system / factory reset would fix it i no that would then mean reinstalling the updates but if it fixes the problem then it is worth it

Never installed any updates, when i checked the firmware versions they seemd to be up to date.
Ill try a reset.

Hi everyone, I am having a similar issue about lack of wifi signal, but with a slight difference: while I am unable to select the proper camera, I am also unable to exit the "System Settings" main page.

This is the situation: the ST16 is stuck on the camera selection page (where you have to select the model: CGO3+. CGO3+pro, ecc...), whatever I select it is not being accepted by the system, as if there is no wifi (I see the message telling me there is no wifi in the firmware update page).
I can only move around the pages within the main "System Settings" page, calibration tests, firmware update, binding, ecc..., but no way to go back to the main screen.

About calibration: there is a WIFI CALIBRATION TEST, but I have no idea on how to use it...

Does any of you have any idea on how to solve this matter? Or you think it's just a wifi board issue?

Thanks in advance.

Having the same situation. And absolutely no support from Yuneec. The only place where these boards are available is Ebay - for a double price, with only one seller selling it.... Did you had any luck with this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio