Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Wi-Fi won’t turn on, no camera connection

Reaction score
My CGO3+ doesn't connect to ST16.
WIFI doesn't work and cannot be enabled.
My android phone can see and connect to the camera.

May be problem is in Android?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try updating and binding per this Video...

Binding starts at 7:50
I have already reset and updated ST16
I cannot update copter since Wi-Fi is not connected and won’t turn on

I think he's suggesting it is a binding problem. Study the part about binding, ignore the rest.

Reactions: abinder
Similar Issue... did the rebinding as illustrated in the above video, the re-bind and subsequent update successful!
Big thanks to Marionville Multirotors! Will go out later, to see how the bird flies.

Hate to bump such an old thread but I am having the same issue with my ST16 where there is no Wi-Fi connection at all on the tablet. I've tried the suggestions here and elsewhere but the problem is that Android itself cannot turn on Wi-Fi. The toggle in the Android settings app either reverts to off when switched on or I get the message "Turning Wi-Fi on..." which it never does.

This happened after the H and ST16 were in storage over the winter. The only thing I did was turn on the ST16 without the antennas attached which I remember seeing in a YouTube video can cause problems.

Before I go ahead and order a new Wi-Fi board from Yuneec (Typhoon H 5.8 GHZ WiFi Board (Authorized Service Use Only)), does anyone out there have any ideas of how I can ensure this isn't software related? I've tried unsuccessfully to root the ST16 as I read a tip to rename Wi-Fi related system file that could be causing the issue. Unfortunately I can't get root using any of the tools I found. So if anyone has successfully rooted the ST16 on firmware v03.01.b30 I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

I've emailed them and I'm waiting to hear back. If they come up with something that works, I'll post back.
Any sucess ?

I have similiar problem, but I live in EU and I really dont want to send it all the way to yuneec do repair it...It would take too much time

Any advice on how can I repair it myself, also where to buy Wi-fi board cheapest in EU-SLovakia possibly..

Also a question, did you try Wi-fi tests in "hidden menu "? in typhoon app, I tried but couldnt type anything such as port or channel. I tried like everything I doubt its software related, I even restarted android on ST16 to factory settings, calibrated every button or waited hours for wifi to turn on

Any sucess ?

I have similiar problem, but I live in EU and I really dont want to send it all the way to yuneec do repair it...It would take too much time

Any advice on how can I repair it myself, also where to buy Wi-fi board cheapest in EU-SLovakia possibly..

Also a question, did you try Wi-fi tests in "hidden menu "? in typhoon app, I tried but couldnt type anything such as port or channel. I tried like everything I doubt its software related, I even restarted android on ST16 to factory settings, calibrated every button or waited hours for wifi to turn on

I ordered a new wifi board and I should have it in 2 days. I'll post back results.

Happened to me recently, had to rebind, and what tipped me off was I never got a steady green light in Smart mode before takeoff.

Happened to me recently, had to rebind, and what tipped me off was I never got a steady green light in Smart mode before takeoff.

I think if you were able to rebind, the issue is similar but different.

In my case wifi can't be enabled system wide in Android. Binding does not show any wifi connection to the camera. The ST16 simply can't see the camera to bind to it becuse wifi is off and can't be turned on. Most likely it's a hardware problem. I'll find out soon.

Reactions: spongella
I received the wifi board and after a quick replacement I am up and running again. Everything is perfect and back to normal.

If anyone is having this exact issue, save your time and just get a new board. I spent days troubleshooting the software and in the end it took under 5 minutes to replace the faulty board. So if you're out of warranty, suck up the $30 (and the overpriced shipping) and pop it in and go fly.

Even though I had read that turning on the ST16 without the antennas attached could damage the board, after a winter in storage I had forgotten that warning. But now I definitely won't. One power cycle without the antennas was all it took to kill the board.

• Wow
Reactions: Germaniac2
I received the wifi board and after a quick replacement I am up and running again. Everything is perfect and back to normal.

If anyone is having this exact issue, save your time and just get a new board. I spent days troubleshooting the software and in the end it took under 5 minutes to replace the faulty board. So if you're out of warranty, suck up the $30 (and the overpriced shipping) and pop it in and go fly.

Even though I had read that turning on the ST16 without the antennas attached could damage the board, after a winter in storage I had forgotten that warning. But now I definitely won't. One power cycle without the antennas was all it took to kill the board.

Good to hear that

Can you maybe recommend any good sites to order the board from ? Our online stores seems not to have it.
EDIT:Slovakia -europe
I will email some from which I buy n will see meanwhile any tips are welcomed.
Safe flying , cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval