Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 wifi won't turn on

Reaction score
I picked up an H last Friday, everything seemed to be working fine, until today. In the middle of my flight I lost video, I thought it was a weak signal. The connecting to wifi appeared and wouldn't go away or connect. Powered down both, turned back on. Nothing..... I went in the settings of the tablet. Moved the slider for wifi to the ON position and noticed no wifi signals coming up at all. I left it for 15 minutes or so, no change.
Does anyone think it's hardware related rather than a software issue. Ive never had an android phone or tablet with this issue. As far as a factory reset, I'm not sure where to get everything that's on it, and factory reset erases everything on the tablet.

Use a broken toothpick and reset the camera wifi. It's a long shot but worth a try.

Camera reset buttons.jpg

That's not it, I have a app on my phone that let's me connect to the camera. When you go into the wifi on the tablet, and turn it on, no wifi signals appear at all. I should see my home network, Cg03 camera, neighbors wifi but nothing appears

Definitely sounds like the WiFi module is bad or possibly unplugged.

The first thing to try would be performing a factory reset on the ST16 first. That should rule out any software possibilities.

I would also suggest a check the model that the ST16 is bound to. The profiles can get corrupted and when this happens you can have all sorts of unusual problems.

Do the ST16 reset and if that doesn't work go into the model select tab and make a copy of the Typhoon H profile, give it a different name and select it as the profile to use.

If there are other profiles there apart from from the master H profile I would delete them.

Go back to the Systems Setting tab and see if you can pick up the camera.

If the reset and creating a new profile don't work it is probably a hardware issue.

Factory reset. You won't lose any of the apps it came with as they're all syste apps.
You will lose old logs, low res videos, etc from past flights. Copy those to a USB stick first if you need them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal