Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16s controller slow response

Reaction score
My ST16s (for H520) is very slow to respond to commands to exit the datapilot and go to the android tablet (using the Android soft-keys), or to use the off-line maps function. Off-line maps take minutes to appear before being able to download them. The internal memory isn't full, at about 2/3rd capacity. Is there a cache somewhere which I should be clearing?

Same for me (H520) ! And before, i have no problem... Perhaps because of an update ? Is it possible to do a factory and do you think it could resolve the issue ?

Same for me (H520) ! And before, i have no problem... Perhaps because of an update ? Is it possible to do a factory and do you think it could resolve the issue ?
A factory reset will only clear the controller to the last firmware update you installed. You can revert to older firmware using the SD card update method if you have the older files.

A factory reset will only clear the controller to the last firmware update you installed. You can revert to older firmware using the SD card update method if you have the older files.
Thanks for your answer. The aim of the reset will be to clear cache but to remain in the last software version. Can someone explain why the ST16S could be so slow ? (no additionnal software (only pix4d), no video or photo store in the memory)

Reactions: Tone-Drone
To answer to geoek,
I suggest remove from ST16s PIX4D and perform speed test again after. If speed is back, you will have your answer.
ST16s is an android terminal and it is no recommended to install any other application without consequence.

Last edited:
To answer to geoek,
I suggest remove from ST16s PIX4D and perform speed test again after. If speed is back, you will have your answer.
ST16s is an android terminal and it is no recommanded to install any other application without consequence.
Ok, but Pix4d is an application that have been validated by yuneec to use with the h520. And lots of people use it for several years without trouble.

Ok, but Pix4d is an application that have been validated by yuneec to use with the h520. And lots of people use it for several years without trouble.
Pix4d application is compatible with Yuneec H520 & ST16s according to Pix4d. Not sure Yuneec validated the application.
Another discussion occured here long back regarding Pix4d and H520. Please refer to it : link.
It would be good to have other returns from the field to know if people using it are totally happy or also have noticed behavior modification. It could also be linked to firmware versions incompatibility or way of installing the application or bug during installation ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
To answer to geoek,
ST16s is an android terminal and it is no recommended to install any other application without consequence.
I have not installed anything on my ST16S and it has always been slow since the purchase in 2019. Romoving pictures & videos helps hardly anything.

My ST16s (for H520) is very slow to respond to commands to exit the datapilot and go to the android tablet (using the Android soft-keys), or to use the off-line maps function. Off-line maps take minutes to appear before being able to download them. The internal memory isn't full, at about 2/3rd capacity. Is there a cache somewhere which I should be clearing?
Do you find a solution ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech