Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S monitor screen glare, video composition, FPV goggles...

I removed the glossy factory cover film and applied "Anti-glare Matte Screen Protector Film".

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
I use Avegant Glyph AG101 VR Video Headsets for FPV. You can maintain LOS with aircraft, visibility with controller, and more importantly the camera image is projected right in front of your face. I can't say enough about these - they (in my opinion) are essential.

My Avegant Glyph AG101 arrived today :). I'm impressed. Even with my eye issue, the display is easily readable and with the numerous adjustments available (inter-pupil distance, four different nose bridges, focus for each eye, and 'over the head' strap) I think these will be just the ticket for a combination VLOS and FPV/low glare flying experience! I found this Glyph review specifically about UAV flying.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to try the Glyph for a while as I am experiencing ST16S Android failures :(. The failures started at the end of yesterday's flight and has gotten progressively worse. I'll start a new thread for this failure discussion.

Before the ST went into full lockup this afternoon, I was able to view the flight control display on the Glyph and it looked very good. HOWEVER, I have one more hurdle to overcome, dang it, :oops:. This Glyph will accept 720p HDMI input, which is perfect as that is the output from the ST16S, but it will not accept 1080p input. Unfortunately, for some reason, my AGPtEK video recorder, which also accepts 720p input, is outputting the flight control display at 1080p. I have yet to figure out how to get the AGPtEK to pass through the 720p signal (which it claims it can). So, presently I can use the Glyph plugged into the ST, or the video recorder plugged into the ST, but can not use the Glyph plugged into the AGPtEK. I ordered a HDMI splitter cable which will hopefully be the crude but cheap solution to this issue even if I can not reconfigure the AGPtEK. With the splitter, both will be getting a 720p signal directly from the ST.

Time to add some closure for me on this topic...
Now that I have my system back from Yuneec and have had some time to fly again, I find that this sunshade works so well that I typically do not feel the necessity to use goggles to reduce the sun glare. I like being able to have complete VLOS and/or quickly being able to view the monitor display. Even the Avant Glyph AG101 goggles are a compromise compared to being able to use the ST106S monitor directly. @oliver , thank you again for the pointer to this sunshade :) .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis