Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S monitor screen glare, video composition, FPV goggles...

Last edited:
I bought one when @oliver first showed his. If you have one of @Ty Pilot ‘s trays purchasing additional Velcro is necessary to get a good fit and to be able to easily to remove everything from the tray.

I bought one when @oliver first showed his. If you have one of @Ty Pilot ‘s trays purchasing additional Velcro is necessary to get a good fit and to be able to easily to remove everything from the tray.
I do have @Ty Pilot 's tray so will be getting some more Velcro. BTW, already received a shipping notice that the shade is on its way :).

The larger sunshade is welcome IMHO.

If you’re inquiring about the tray then all I have to say is that I think it’s the best upgrade I’ve got for the H.

Reactions: Barton
That's a slick 5" monitor. It might also be great if you're shooting video with a stills camera and want to attach it to the camera hot shoe.

When I started flying my TH I had people who wanted to see what I could see on the ST16. It was difficult to look over my shoulder so I bought a 10" monitor and attached it to a tripod and used a 15' braided HDMI cable to connect to the ST16. It worked well.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LAT9HZ8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These days the novelty has worn off with friends and family so it sits in a bag most of the time.

You're lucky you can pull off a hat like that ! I'd look marginally more ridiculous in that than I would with the umbrella :)But a smart black baseball cap would work just as well you'd have thought, or maybe even a white one so you could see yourself when planning the right angle back home...

Hats help, however, my problem is the reflection off of my face and clothing as the sun hits them, then mirroring on the controller screen.

Hats help, however, my problem is the reflection off of my face and clothing as the sun hits them, then mirroring on the controller screen.
And yet a full ninja suit seems a step too far :) I know what you mean, though. I always wear a black T-shirt, but I don't know what we can do about our faces !

I use Avegant Glyph AG101 VR Video Headsets for FPV. You can maintain LOS with aircraft, visibility with controller, and more importantly the camera image is projected right in front of your face. I can't say enough about these - they (in my opinion) are essential.

Reactions: Barton and AeroJ
I use Avegant Glyph AG101 VR Video Headsets for FPV. You can maintain LOS with aircraft, visibility with controller, and more importantly the camera image is projected right in front of your face. I can't say enough about these - they (in my opinion) are essential.
That is properly amazing :) I can sort of feel the cash floating out of my wallet... isn't that a way to legally do FPV in the UK without a spotter ? Anyone tested that theory ? :)

On sale at Newegg.com now (till Thursday) for $190. Claimed list price is $500. Thanks for the pointer!

I do have @Ty Pilot 's tray so will be getting some more Velcro. BTW, already received a shipping notice that the shade is on its way :).
Barton, I solved the problem some time ago with a home-built sunshade and cheap drug store corrective lenses. This shade is made from an appropriately sized cardboard box and painted black to look a little better. It is pop-rivited to the Yuneec sunshade so it clips into the existing mounting points on the ST16. It works so well that I use it for all my flights. The major advantage of this design is that you get FPV goggle quality view but can instantly look up to see what's going on in the air. The cutout at the bottom allows access to the touchscreen. The attached glasses provide the correction I need to look at something so close. {I apologize to those on the forum who have seen this before.}
DSC08317.JPG DSC08319-1.jpg DSC08321-1.jpg

Reactions: Barton
The way I figure it, when they finally come up with a laptop that cancels out all the negative effects of bright sunlight we’ll get monitor screens that will do the same. Until then we’re stuck with work arounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy