Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST24 have internal Antenna like ST16 ?

Reaction score
Haven’t opened up a ST24 yet, curious if anyone has and if it has a internal antenna similar to the ST16. That said, wondered if performing similar modification or installing a 3 Lead Antenna offered for the ST16 would provide any additional stability for reception.

That might be another of those questions better served at the FB owner's Group. I don't have a clue.

Haven’t opened up a ST24 yet, curious if anyone has and if it has a internal antenna similar to the ST16. That said, wondered if performing similar modification or installing a 3 Lead Antenna offered for the ST16 would provide any additional stability for reception.
There seems to be very few ST24's in use. I would think doing a mod would be similar to the ST16 and would provide the same benefits. Only way to tell is to open it up. You would be breaking new ground. None of these antennas were available when the ST24 was introduced.

Reactions: thoneter
I had to clean 1 of my st24's. It looked like it had the same internal antennae that the 16's do.

Exactly the same. Cleaning them with the back cover off is the way to go. Some sage old fart in Michigan told me that's the way to go.

Not surprising. Several of the parts might be the same. What about the sticks?
Got a ? for you and others to ponder. I'm seeing all of these guys and myself that are taking their 480's out of mothballs after waiting for the 12 feet of snow to stop falling and having issues with the H in takeoffs, landings and control.

My thoughts are that the satellite info is out of date or gone. Does anyone know how the satellite data is stored? Is it volatile or NV. Is there any board memory battery backup? How come there aren't toeprints?

The GPS/Compass module has a rechargeable battery which I presume preserves the satellite information and perhaps the compass calibration.

I have toeprints and nose prints inside the windows of my car so they do exist.

Reactions: thoneter
The GPS/Compass module has a rechargeable battery which I presume preserves the satellite information and perhaps the compass calibration.

I have toeprints and nose prints inside the windows of my car so they do exist.
So then maybe since the drone is parked without a lipo inserted it loses the data. I certainly experienced odd control issues and odd landing issues.

The battery backup should store the data without the need for a lipo. If you open up the 920, you can measure the voltage on that battery. It's a 3 volt batt if it's the same setup as the H480. If it gets below 1.0 v the data might be lost.

I parked both my H’s 6 months ago and flew one them for the first time since then last Friday to test EMI from high voltage lines. If flew perfectly with minimal “warm up”.

My thoughts about landing issues remains the same. Those competant with their aircraft don’t have them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz