Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

steady grip

Reaction score
Trying to find the right steady grip to hook up with my CGO3+ camera. There is nothing on the market already done.Would also like to make modification to a lipo battery. Thought I seen a explanation on here, but can not find it. Main question is to find out which steady grip will work with CGO3+ camera only? Thanks for any reply.

Reactions: Puxnstx
Yuneec Action cam.... Model number ends in "002" Carolina Dronz has it. Essentially the CGO3 Action Cam minus the camera. Other dealers seem to just have the grip by itself with no case or charger.

Yuneec will tell you that is isn't officially supported. I got mine this past Saturday and it works fine from Carolina Dronz....

Don't buy the older model on Ebay....Great price, but I was told it will NOT work with the CGO3+

Can't promise future firmware updates will make it usable...But, I'm satisfied with it.

Several people have reported using the 8 battery steady grip with the CGO3+ by changing the mount to accept the camera and removing the battery tray and replacing with a Lipo 3 cell battery.

The older model will work if you do some mods. Buy the camera mount for the typhoon h ($20) and wire it in to the back of the connector on the steady grip. Then screw the mount into place, you will need to cut a little hole in the plastic to allow the wires through.
To do the lipo mod is even easier. Unscrew and remove the battery mounting tray and cut off the 2 wires. Then simply attach the battery connector you want and plug in the lipo.
I've done this to a steadygrip and it works perfectly.

Yuneec Action cam.... Model number ends in "002" Carolina Dronz has it. Essentially the CGO3 Action Cam minus the camera. Other dealers seem to just have the grip by itself with no case or charger.

Yuneec will tell you that is isn't officially supported. I got mine this past Saturday and it works fine from Carolina Dronz....

Don't buy the older model on Ebay....Great price, but I was told it will NOT work with the CGO3+

Can't promise future firmware updates will make it usable...But, I'm satisfied with it.

Thanks for the info !!!!!
I'll have to give them a call !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the one that you're talking about ?

Yuneec TYPHOON ACTION CAM Hard Plastic Handle and Case ONLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. zi here ,Still a little confused about wiring camera mount for h,$20. Will I need to do this to the o22 steady grip from carolina $159 steady grip. and where to wire it to?

This is my modified steadygrip
20160824_073140.jpg
Standard typhoon h camera mount screwed into place. The wires go through the plastic body and are then soldered onto the back of the original connector. You only need to connect 3 wires, power, earth and gimbal pitch pwm.
20160824_072854.jpg
The standard 8 x aa battery tray is removed. Jst battery connect soldered on and lipo connected.
20160824_072940_001.jpg

Only took about half an hour to do all the mods. There's lots of screws holding the 2 halfs together but once they're all removed it's very easy to work on.

Reactions: Puxnstx and Ralphy
a rolina
View attachment 2636
Standard typhoon h camera mount screwed into place. The wires go through the plastic body and are then soldered onto the back of the original connector. You only need to connect 3 wires, power, earth and gimbal pitch pwm.
View attachment 2637
The standard 8 x aa battery tray is removed. Jst battery connect soldered on and lipo connected.
View attachment 2638

Only took about half an hour to do all the mods. There's lots of screws holding the 2 halfs together but once they're all removed it's very easy to work on.
Thanks every one. Put my order in with Carolina ,should have no problem with set up. Thanks again

The older model will work if you do some mods. Buy the camera mount for the typhoon h ($20) and wire it in to the back of the connector on the steady grip. Then screw the mount into place, you will need to cut a little hole in the plastic to allow the wires through.
To do the lipo mod is even easier. Unscrew and remove the battery mounting tray and cut off the 2 wires. Then simply attach the battery connector you want and plug in the lipo.
I've done this to a steadygrip and it works perfectly.

While I knew that was an option...Since I didn't own the older model, after you add up the parts with a used/new older model from Ebay...I opted to get the Grip that was ready out of the box. After I read that the older 8 AA cell unit only operated for less then 10 minutes (I heard it works for about 7 minutes)-- I didn't want to remove the battery tray and secure a Lipo in there..... I went with the kit from Carolina Dronz (and yes, the link posted earlier here IS the one I purchase)

It appears they (CD) just remove the CGO3+ camera from the kit and sell the rest. While other dealers sell the grip by itself as, I'll call it, a replacement part (since it is missing the charger and case).

Hi Snagglesworth, I made a mod similar to yours. Which pin do you connect the PWM wire of the Steady Grip to the CGO3+ camera mount board? Thanks for your help.

Never mind, I took the plunge and connected the SG's pwm wire to the mTX/PWM terminal and it worked!!

Last edited:
View attachment 2636
View attachment 2637
View attachment 2638

Thats coool im going to give it a shot!

Got it rigged it up with a 3s 18650 configuration and shot my first video!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snagglesworth
Does anybody have a youtube video of how to do all of the mods on the steadygrip so the cgo3+ camerabfits. I have the new plate from yuneec. The original connector sort of fits... its four pin rather than the 5 pin but has number 2 slot missing... see pics. What wires to which terminals. Is there a way of taking the small cables out if the connectors and putting them in different holes? I know the cable will need extending....20170519_142152.jpg 20170519_142137.jpg 20170519_142152.jpg 20170519_142137.jpg

Sorted by myself. The black pin needs to come out of the connector and pushed inbetween the yellow and red. It then plugs in to the new plate... yelo-mt blk-gnd red-vbat. You'll need to extend the cable by around 12cm too. Line the new plate up sobthe front sticks out and screw it on to the two front holes.

This probably only made half sense.....

The entire thing probably took three hours foe the first time. If i did it again probably 90 mins...

Sorted by myself. The black pin needs to come out of the connector and pushed inbetween the yellow and red. It then plugs in to the new plate... yelo-mt blk-gnd red-vbat. You'll need to extend the cable by around 12cm too. Line the new plate up sobthe front sticks out and screw it on to the two front holes.

This probably only made half sense.....

The entire thing probably took three hours foe the first time. If i did it again probably 90 mins...

Love it... I just bought the old grip on ebay and now need to do the mod.

Where did you buy the "plate"?

Thanks
Ian, Denmark

Love it... I just bought the old grip on ebay and now need to do the mod.

Where did you buy the "plate"?

Thanks
Ian, Denmark

I bought mine from Yuneec in the UK. It wasn't much. I would just point out that if have the American firmware installed on your camera then I can't get it to work with my phone but it would probably work with the ST16. The advantage of using the American camera firmware is the signal doesn't cut out all of the time like it does on the European firmware....

I bought mine from Yuneec in the UK. It wasn't much. I would just point out that if have the American firmware installed on your camera then I can't get it to work with my phone but it would probably work with the ST16. The advantage of using the American camera firmware is the signal doesn't cut out all of the time like it does on the European firmware....

Hmm sounds a bit like its not the best solution after all... Maybe I should go with the €120 akku grip?

Yuneec Action Cam SteadyGrip für Typhoon H CGO3+ / CGO2+ / CGO3 Akku-Version ruckelfreies Filmen ZUBEHÖR

Hmm sounds a bit like its not the best solution after all... Maybe I should go with the €120 akku grip?

Yuneec Action Cam SteadyGrip für Typhoon H CGO3+ / CGO2+ / CGO3 Akku-Version ruckelfreies Filmen ZUBEHÖR

That looks like it's a good price as it also includes a Lipo battery too. It absolutely eats batteries for breakfast lunch and dinner! However, the wifi connection is done between phone and the CGO camera. There is no telemetry in the grip at all. It seems a little odd that the two wouldn't connect but I tried it on two different phones and it just couldn't find the wifi signal. If you have no issue with video drop out and your camera is running the E software then it shouldn't be a problem. You can check just by installing the CGO app on your phone though, you don't need the grip to check...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval