Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SteadyGrip CGO3+ latency

Reaction score
I recently obtained a second-hand SteadyGrip to use with my CGO3+ to get some ground based videos & photos in woodland where the H can't go. I have an older HTC One mini phone running the CGO app which connects OK to the camera (a few dropouts!) and when in camera mode, the latency is barely noticable. In video mode the latency is about 10 seconds:confused: I can start panning the SteadyGrip and 10+ seconds later the phone's display starts to pan!

I tried different resolutions and frame rates with very little difference.

Is this just the power of the phone? or does anyone have any experience in curing this?

I'd think it's the phone wifi? 10secs is not right. It's about a second. Does the phone support 5.4GHz wifi? If your like me, you'll end up running through the woods trying to imitate the drone once it's behaving. Good luck.

It might also be the speed of the phone. I can't recall for sure but under Settings - Display you may be able to lower the resolution of the video stream.

Reactions: Rayray
@gwhuntoon -
You may be right there is a setting "RTSP" which can be set to 720 or 480.

Thanks to you both, I think Craigcam is right - after many attempts, the latency showed as very variable with the best down to 2 seconds on the phone. On my iPad (3rd gen) latency was less than 1 second. Signal kept dropping on both devices and when I used both concurrently, the display became jerky!!

Time to save up for a better phone, methinks!

1.5 to 2 seconds is the best lag I will get as well... very distracting to say the least.

J'ai le steadygrip et CGO3 + et je suis fatigué de la latence du contrôle d'image.
Mon dernier achat est l'iphone 6S et je ne peux pas l'utiliser (j'ai lu cela au-delà de l'ios 10, pas de salut).
Quelqu'un aurait-il le bon téléphone?
Pourquoi cette latence dans ce cas alors que cela fonctionne parfaitement avec le ST16?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval