Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stick movement vs the H's movement

Reaction score
Since I bought this H new it has never flown as smooth as the Q500 did.

When I move the stick to go forward, reverse, left or right and making sure I move the stick as slow as possible the H still wants to jump in that direction and then it moves accordingly. Its just when I give it input from a hover.

I just installed the latest firmware and that went fine.
Checked the stick movement in the hardware monitor, and all is good.
Then I did a calibration in the secret menu.

No change. Still the same since day one.

Was there any change to the behavior when you changed out the Flight Control Board?
If not, the next thought would be something amiss in the ST16 Channel settings. That's really not a good place to go if you are not familiar with it. If you don't want to take a chance with Channel Settings, you can do a factory reset of the controller to return all settings to factory standard. It might be worth just creating a new model and bind to the new model. That seems to clear things out about as well as a factory reset.

That is the character of the H. It does "jerk" at the start of moving.
There are two things that make it smoother:
1. Use the Cruise Control to get smooth slow flying.
2. Make a slight adjustment to the Pitch in Channel settings to the curve is flatter at center stick.

As far a video is concerned, I have seen very little effect on the video recorded. It still seems to be smooth so I think it's more of a visual thing.

The Rate slider makes a difference also. Placing in Turtle position when flying cinematically makes a difference.

All good suggestions. I figured it was a characteristic of it since it has done it straight out of the box. I will give these ideas a try.
Thanks again for the quick help gentlemen.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital