Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

still have TBE....feed up!

Reaction score
my typhoon h has had nothing but problems since i got it....I've had quite a few returns for different issues...First the camera issue...jittery video ...after months of going back and forth with yuneec they finally swapped out for a new camera....Its great....nice sharp clear photos and videos...then after sending in everythilng because of drifting, yuneec sent me a new st16....its great ...no more rattling or buzzing noise...BUT i still have very bad TBE....if i move the stick forward or backward it goes into toilet bowl effect...It has gotten so bad that i had trouble landing it yesterday...Yes i did the calibrations many many times....in different locations...no metal, no cell phones, no keys...NOTHING....I will not be flying it anymore...Yuneec if you monitor this thread ....PLEASE take care of my problem....at this point i either want just the H swapped out(i will keep the st16 and camera)....or a full refund.....I will be calling yuneec in a little while...I hope this gets resolved...

Raymond,
I hear you, I had other issues with mine, sent it in and got back different unit.
Had to send it back again because they did not address all the issues I had.
When they send you the RMA, you will only see a brief description of your problems. I sent an email back to the DETAILING all my issues, I did not send it in till they acknowledged all the issues I was experiencing. This is the first time I have sent it in and did NOT get the email saying it was on the way back same day that it was received into the repair department. I know they have hired some new people, hopefully they will straighten out the repair center. Yuneec does a great job on the phones, and honoring the warranty, they just really drop the ball when it comes to a quality repair.
Hang in there, remember, THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE !

i will let you know what transpires....but i don't have much hope anymore....Its not worth it for me to risk flying a craft that can potentially crash into something or possibly hurt someone....I fly in secluded places with no people or houses around....but yesterday a couple of curious people showed up(at the beach) and it got me really nervous when the craft started doing circles...

TBE and drifting in my case as well. Yuneec US received H and ST16 today. Hope to hear something soon and will let you know what they say. 2nd time for H and 3rd time for ST16 (1st one was replaced). 1st time for replacement.

I don't own an H, but I have a question. What does the telemetry file say after you experience your TBE? Are there compass errors? Or weird deviations in the GPS data? I ask, because my son picked up a Typhoon G a while ago, and right out of the box, we went over it with a fine tooth comb, me explaining everything that needed to be looked at, as he'd never owned a quad before. Went through accelerometer and compass calibrations as well. We take off, and she goes into hover. Not the smoothest I've ever seen, but still, she's flying. Then I start moving her around and I see the beginning of TBE. I immediately set her down, and we recalibrate the compass. Same thing. And we try it for the third time. Same thing. I try to let her settle down, but she never does. Kp index was good and we were calibrating the compass in an area that my dad always calibrates his P3S. So, I'm thinking we got a lemon. On a hunch, I tell him to calibrate the compass when he get's it to his place, and give it another go. And just like that, he had a great flyer. And she's been flying great ever since.

I apologize for high jacking your thread, and I'm not trying to imply that you don't know your systems or anything, I just thought I'd put that out there.

Hope you get to the bottom of this buddy.

Cheers!

i'm hoping yuneec does the right thing....this is a safety issue...when a craft starts doing circles and u can barely control it then something is wrong...i gave yuneec the opportunity to fix it several times....still comes back the same way....

Reactions: Brian Mackey
i'm hoping yuneec does the right thing....this is a safety issue...when a craft starts doing circles and u can barely control it then something is wrong...i gave yuneec the opportunity to fix it several times....still comes back the same way....

Your not alone -- you have to start emailing everyone and calling and asking for supervisors -- in the beginning I didn't have issue with CS, but not after 5 months and lots of repairs I call them out hard. I am waiting on a camera repair again third time 3rd camera!

Reactions: raymond captuo
I have the same problem of drifting and TB but I still don't think this is about copter . I think this is something in the firmware that doesn't work good with my unit for reason that I don't understand and I think Yuneec techs should.
I am saying that because I was on firmware 2.21 and everything was fine. Then I upgraded to 2.25 and this issues start. So I reverted back to 2.21 and again all is fine had many flights. Then I upgraded to firmeare 3.0 and again TB. I looked at telemetry and found nothing that I can understand. No errors, satellites always 18-20. But what is weird is that I turn off copter , get another battery and this second flight is perfectly stable........but in this perfectly good flight telemetry said bunch of motor_status -1 . I don't know what is that.

like you i tried to figure it out...but like i said before it all started to consume me....no more joy of flying this craft with always the fear that it was going to start doing circles and cause an incident....a supervisor from yuneec was supposed to call me yesterday before the close of business and i did not receive a call....

Great news for you.
I am waiting to make some better photos so I could decide will I request lens refocus as well. So when the time comes I will send them H for repair , of course mostly because this drifting and toilet bowl which is scary. Further more there is this fan inside copter's RealSense module that is making noise from time to time and maybe lens refocus if needed.

I didn't. I am trying but now ST16 saying WARNING No firmware on SD card. Tried formatting card two times, regular and quick and again nithing. Firmware is on the card, card is original from Yuneec, normaly working in PC.

I didn't. I am trying but now ST16 saying WARNING No firmware on SD card. Tried formatting card two times, regular and quick and again nithing. Firmware is on the card, card is original from Yuneec, normaly working in PC.

What is the file extension?
The update file for the ST16 has a '.yuneec' extension and that of the H has a '.bin '

If it is .zip you have to unzip before placing on the card.

Ok, finally got it, it was like fifth time format and again copy file. yes, it was .yuneec file. All now upgraded, now calibration and to the field to test it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis