Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stolen Typhoon H and Q500 :(

Reaction score
Well Typhoon h and q500 were both stolen this morning my st-16+ was safely in my hotel room but st-10 CGo3 and Cgo3+ and aircraft are gone..... Any ideas on how to proceed?? Already have police report and about to call FAA and go through that process...

Aww dude - that's awful, really sorry to hear that. I can't see that there's much you can do about that, other than scour the forums for the same user selling both aircraft, and then pass that information to the police if you think you find them listed.

If you’ve notified the cops and FAA you’ve done about all you can do. The FAA was a good call, hopefully you terminated your previous registration numbers to eliminate any legal liability should they be used in a dangerous manner. Sadly, the probability of recovering them is very low.

Reactions: AJan
If you are an AMA member you should file a theft claim with them as their insurance policy has a small level of theft coverage. If models are stolen from a locked vehicle (you will have to be able to prove it was locked) and provide a copy of the police report they have a $1,000.00 coverage limit.

If the typhoon H is bound to to the controller can't you somehow track it? I know it's a long shot but it wont hurt.

If the typhoon H is bound to to the controller can't you somehow track it? I know it's a long shot but it wont hurt.
If you were able to track it, your 16 would have to be on 24/7 hoping they would turn it on, then you would have to be in close proximity.

It's a LOS range thing. As mentioned, both the H and aircraft would have to be turned on and have made a positive link for such a thing to work. I seriously doubt the thief remained close enough for this to happen. Put a half mile between the H and ST-16 and a few building walls or an auto body and any possibility of a link is pretty much impossible. These things are not like an iPhone where you can access "Find My Phone".

If the OP has full coverage auto insurance things might be covered but if liability, property damage, uninsured motorist is all they have there won't be any theft coverage.

Yeah not a good day at all, if anyone is in the Houston Tx Area we are building an ICF home and could really use a Typhoon H with CGo3+ or CGo3 lol IMG_0199.jpgIMG_0202.jpg

if you registered drones with yuneec, then inform them of stolen drones, they might get a repair request and might can rescue them for you some day.

also, some automobile insurance will cover stolen stuff from car, and these were 'in your car' no ?

good luck !

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Sorry to hear of your loss, these kinds of situations are terrible though sadly a part of the world we live in. I would also suggest contacting your home owners insurance company. Policies have coverage of personal items (though limited) that had come from the home. I had a small boat severely damaged in a lot by fire, no other insurance on it, home owners policy had a $1000 max coverage for watercraft which they applied to the damage and waived the deductible. Didn’t prevent the fire or completely save the day, but certainly was a nice outcome for a bad situation. Might be an avenue to check on.

I have a Trackimo GPS tracker that I attach to my H when ever it leaves my house. I bought it Just in case it crashes so I can find it.
There are a lot of different ones out there now that you can choose from. Trackimo was one of the few available when I got my H a few years ago. They are smaller now so they are not that noticable or maybe you can find one small enough to fit inside the H some where. Mine works great..I can locate it no matter where it is. It used GPS or cell towers for location if it can get a GPS signal..

Best 3G GPS Tracker Devices - Trackimo

I have a Trackimo GPS tracker that I attach to my H when ever it leaves my house. I bought it Just in case it crashes so I can find it.
There are a lot of different ones out there now that you can choose from. Trackimo was one of the few available when I got my H a few years ago. They are smaller now so they are not that noticable or maybe you can find one small enough to fit inside the H some where. Mine works great..I can locate it no matter where it is. It used GPS or cell towers for location if it can get a GPS signal..

Best 3G GPS Tracker Devices - Trackimo
Yes but the trackimo must be turned on as I have 1 but mine is turned off and I have misslayed it in the house and contacted trackimo and they can't help due to it being off so if you have left it on Ur good to find

I'm from the Dallas area but I am in Houston for work and I put them in my bosses truck over night and woke up to an empty truck

I'm from the Dallas area but I am in Houston for work and I put them in my bosses truck over night and woke up to an empty truck

then insurance IT IS !! the hassle of it, sure, but make sure you document ALL things that were stolen, anything else that was of value, one time hit to insurance, assuming you have comprehensive ins !!

otherwise SORRY, $$$ out of your pocket !

METH-HEADS RULE !! as rotten thieves !! too bad no tazer to the genitals, videoed of course !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder