Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

storage of q500 batres.

Reaction score
due to the fickle weather we have in the UK, I find myself charging battery's and the not being able to fly. Normally I fly my q500 in the bedroom without the props on but this can take a while, and i fly them till the 1st low power warning comes. Is this OK or am i doing more harm then good. Also dose any one know what is a good voltage to store them at.

due to the fickle weather we have in the UK, I find myself charging battery's and the not being able to fly. Normally I fly my q500 in the bedroom without the props on but this can take a while, and i fly them till the 1st low power warning comes. Is this OK or am i doing more harm then good. Also dose any one know what is a good voltage to store them at.
The should be stored at 3.8 to 3.85 volts per cell. With a 3S battery that would be 11.4 to 11.55 volts.
There are some after market chargers that will discharge to the proper level. I've also heard of pilots using 12 volt headlights to discharge the batteries while watching the voltage on a voltmeter. This requires some caution because the light will get hot.

The should be stored at 3.8 to 3.85 volts per cell. With a 3S battery that would be 11.4 to 11.55 volts.
There are some after market chargers that will discharge to the proper level. I've also heard of pilots using 12 volt headlights to discharge the batteries while watching the voltage on a voltmeter. This requires some caution because the light will get hot.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic