Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange H920+ behaviour?

Reaction score
I had a bit of an odd one today.
I decided to fly my batteries down to around storage voltage as they had been charged for a few days and I am unlikely to be able to fly for the next week to 12 days or so.
Fired up the ST16 and then the 920 and realising I had forgotten to mount the CGO4 I decided to fly without it.
It was a bit windy and as I took off with I think 13 sats on the aircraft and 10 on the ST16 and took her up a few feet to hover for a few seconds as is my routine she seemed a bit twitchy. I put this down to it being a bit windy with gusts but not overly strong combined with the lack of weight of the camera and gimbal.
The last time O flied was a little over 100 miles away but the 920 has never asked for a re calibration and has never ever flown anything except perfectly.
Well I flew her a few yards but something just didn't feel right so I brought her back to hover over my chosen landing spot and and bought her down a little less smoothly than usual.
I switched off and mounted the camera and gimbal and then booted up again, the camera was not level so I carried out a gimbal calibration, this took the usual 2 minutes or so but did not settle level.
I turned tried a gimbal re calibration again, this time it just kept on with for what must have been at least 20 minutes and in the end i turned off the a/c and rebooted. The camera was level.
This time I took off I had 19 sats on the a/c and 13 on the ST16, all lights were okay.
I took off and hovered, still a bit twitchy I put her in rabbit and rose quickly up to about 60 feet andf then away for about 20 yards. I noticed an orange light flash just once I think and maybe a green flash once.
Then the low battery went off, I cannot recall what the voltage was at the time but it took me by surprise as I had only flown for less than 2 mins with good batteries at the start, not sure if the gimbal re calibration would take out that much load?
Anyway, now the really odd bit I felt i did not have full control and she was descending with my hands off the sticks, first thought auto land, but I still had some control and she would go up when the sticks were up but was trying to descend and not really wanting to go where I wanted.
I managed to ,land it safely but that really knocked my confidence, I did check voltage at one point during this event and saw 22.9 so not really low. So not sure now.
I do hope to be visiting Yuneec this week for another purpose with the 920 but shall get them to check the telemetry and see what they think happened.

I have been told by knowledgeable people that the 920 is more stable when carrying the CGO4. Maybe a weight & CG issue. Wonder if the UK Yuneec people also recommend flying with the CGO4.

If I get to visit Yuneec this week I shall ask, not sure the forced landing was related to that though.
Agree. The CGO4 load would only be a possible issue with the twitchy behavior. The forced landing sounds more like some sort of power/battery issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital