Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange silence around the H3

Followed the B&H link.....

Its interesting that in the “Recommended Accessories” they offer the H+ battery for $179......hmmmm.....why would you recommend buying a battery that won’t work.....hmmmm.....

True, but DJI has 10 times the market share that Yuneec has. Pretty much the same as all other manufacturers when compared to them. Nothing new there.
True, but maybe that is exactly why they are dominating the industry. They understand unlike many competitors the need to offer a whole package not only a drone.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Did Yuneec ever get a true mission planner? There are things I really like about my H, but IMO Yuneec has really lacked in software. I looked at a Autel EVO 2 Pro. At ~$1800 it is incredible, 6k camera, full mission planning, 40 minute flight time and multiple sensors. DJI may have met their match in that class.
I've been away from the drone world for about a year, but am looking at getting a very nice camera drone this year. So far Yuneec isn't offering enough for the money to sway me. Judging from the posts here, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the H3, or am I wrong? The flight time is an important feature for me.

P.S, I bought my first...gasp.....DJI product, a Mavic Mini. Lots of fun.

Last edited:
I've been away from the drone world for about a year, but am looking at getting a very nice camera drone this year. So far Yuneec isn't offering enough for the money to sway me. Judging from the posts here, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the H3, or am I wrong? The flight time is an important feature for me.

Just a perusal YouTube videos on the H3, as well as an absence of posts here on the H3, gives you all the evidence you need.

As an example only TODAY, six months after it's release, did a member post the H3 User manual... and they did that on my request, because it has never been posted on the Yuneec site.

I'm in a similar boat, @glider... Having come from a photographic background, I had felt the CGO3+ came up short. Once the Plus came out and we were seeing some impressive photographic output, I decided to sell my H setup and wait out the firmware updates to take care of returning the initial features, that had been removed from the Plus. We all know what happened with those upgrades... they became the "New" features on the H3.

So I have been droneless for nearly 2 years. I was not feeling as burned as many who had purchased the Plus, but I am still not willing to play the "Fool me once... fool me twice" game. With no supply of ancillary add-ons nor basic repair parts for the H3, I am also anticipating a switch to the EVO II Pro.

Just a perusal YouTube videos on the H3, as well as an absence of posts here on the H3, gives you all the evidence you need.
As an example only TODAY, six months after it's release, did a member post the H3 User manual... and they did that on my request, because it has never been posted on the Yuneec site.

I'm in a similar boat, @glider... Having come from a photographic background, I had felt the CGO3+ came up short. Once the Plus came out and we were seeing some impressive photographic output, I decided to sell my H setup and wait out the firmware updates to take care of returning the initial features, that had been removed from the Plus. We all know what happened with those upgrades... they became the "New" features on the H3.

So I have been droneless for nearly 2 years. I was not feeling as burned as many who had purchased the Plus, but I am still not willing to play the "Fool me once... fool me twice" game. With no supply of ancillary add-ons nor basic repair parts for the H3, I am also anticipating a switch to the EVO II Pro.

I was out today with my H Plus and I have to say I had a super time. The H Plus is an excellent flying drone with a very capable camera. If only Yuneec could get it's act together and sort out the spare parts and batteries why would anyone want to change to another drone maker.
I myself like the Autell Evo ll Pro but I think it would be very hard to go from a hex copter to a quad as the H Pro flies so well even in strong winds.
Cheeers.
Mike

If only Yuneec could get it's act together and sort out the spare parts and batteries why would anyone want to change to another drone maker.
Cheeers.
Mike
Hey Mike, you're starting to sound like an old jaded Yuneec Pilot. ;)

Seriously though, my thoughts exactly. ?

Almost exactly my story. But sold my H Plus for a DJI MP2 a bit over a year ago; had a great flight for 12 minutes and poof! Been droneless for a year now as well. I think the EVO II Pro will be my future drone also.

Almost exactly my story. But sold my H Plus for a DJI MP2 a bit over a year ago; had a great flight for 12 minutes and poof! Been droneless for a year now as well. I think the EVO II Pro will be my future drone also.

I am thinking of getting the Evo Pro ll myself but I think I will keep my H Plus:)
I enjoy the stability of the H + in all weathers so it will stay part of my kit for some time. I am in no hurry to get another drone so I will keep my eye on new offerings and in time I well get the best drone on offer at that time.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Windluv
I've just purchased the H3 and like others, I'm struggling to get any sensible technical info from Yuneec. on the first flight, one of the damper bellows split and it pumped grease out all over the camera - so not a great start!

I've been flying a Mavic Pro - which I've been very pleased with, but wanted a second drone that looked a bit more substantial for professional jobs.
I'm wanting to do a shoot indoors, but I can't find out whether it'll work without GPS. Does anyone know whether it'll do it - and if so, what settings do I need to change?
Also, on the Mavic, I use the Litchi App to photograph aerial 360°'s. Does anyone know whether the H3 will shoot them, or whether you need some sort of App?
Cheers,
Nick

Nick, I have a Plus which is essentially the same as what you have; with the understanding that the lens of the camera, as well as perhaps the processing may be different - we still don't know that. Do a search for 'H Plus Dampener Mod' and you can find a thread by one of our members @DCH who did a really nice write up on replacing and improving the dampeners.

To your second point re: flying indoors. The H Plus has a function called IPS or 'Indoor Positioning System' where essentially, it uses sensors to establish what the surface beneath it is and hold position. However for some odd reason Yuneec made this an automated function when GPS is lost - it comes on automatically and turns off when it gets GPS back. I have seen it in action and can tell you in the few cases where it came on for me it was seamless and worked fine. However this was under a thick canopy of trees that I flew under while transitioning from one spot to the other.

How it will work in a dedicated indoor flight is anyone's guess and I would suggest you do some trials starting small and work you way up and see what it can do as there is no way Yuneec will document every change they have made to the H3 - it's up to the first owners, ask me how I know. ;)

If the H3 is anywhere near the Plus, it will make a good working platform as I use mine in commercial real estate and yes, it looks the part. I also have a Mavic 2 Pro but on those jobs I bring out the Plus

My advice to you would be to check out the USER improved stock manual for the H PLus as it has far more info than the stock manual and is as close as you will get to having a complete manual for the H3. Good Luck.

Last edited:
it really is disappointing because as a flier the Typhoon is tough to beat. Also with 360 degree camera and for filming I like the ability to do video without needing to turn the drone with the camera.

At-least they're Consistent...........if you think about it.......It makes Sense that it's not released.......if Manufacturers & Suppliers aren't getting Paid, then Repair Facilities don't get Parts, in turn they are Forced to Scavenge their own Inventories......Customers can Only be Lied to for so long,,,,,,,,,it's Really no Mystery where this is Headed.......Don't Get me Wrong, I want to Believe..........But not gonna Happen.......Of Course if the H3 is Released and Performs Flawlessly "Out of the Box", then there may still be Hope......oh and as long as Nobody Crashes, Needs Parts, or wants a Couple Extra Batteries, or a simple Balance Cable....... This isn't a Horse I'd Put my Money on.
I spoke to another Repair Facility Yesterday, and they are no longer doing Repairs, and have Parted Ways. ..
It's a Shame it's not Cost Effective to Manufacture a Good Platform here in the USA,,,, then we can tell them to Step Off!.....The people of that Country don't Trust the USA, and never will....because Thieves Trust No One...... Everyone better start saving their Old Battery Cases, Retract Module Housings, ESC Boards, the Good Parts of Landing Gear & Motor Arms, and anything else salvageable.
The Ratio of Damaged "A" & "B" Motor Arms is 4 to 1. It's usually the "B" Arms Broken in Crashes, (based on the 75 I have sold) the Motors are Bullet Proof as long as you don't get any Screws or Objects inside them, I've yet to see a Burned out Motor. I will have a source for the Retract Yokes & Motor Arm Latches soon, I have a Hundred Retract Housings needing Yokes, so Save your Old Parts! were on our own.
I hope you can put better use to the ones I sent you better than the recycle bin, if you know what I mean. Thanks John for your on going support to us H fans. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval