Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strobe lights on my Typhoon

NIce! Did you mount them only on the front? Don't worry about shakeiness, it did a great job of depicting the strobes.

Very cool! More details please!
Not much to tell. I've always used strobes on my homebuilds but this new product from Flytron allows me to use them on propietary RTF's. With my home build machines I would use a different type of Flytron strobe that was hooked into the Rx and that I could turn on/off from the Tx. With these "stand alones", you have to turn them on by hand before takeoff and of course they remain on until you land and turn them off again.

NIce! Did you mount them only on the front? Don't worry about shakeiness, it did a great job of depicting the strobes.
Yes, only on the front as to give me vehicle orientation from a far distance. The added plus is that they really add visibility to the vehicle in the sky for others to see (and hopefully) avoid.

These could come in real handy next Monday when I record the fireworks show in my hometown.

Christian,
One word of advice, don't take off until the show starts.
I wasted a whole battery in hover "THINKING" the show was going to start.

Christian,
One word of advice, don't take off until the show starts.
I wasted a whole battery in hover "THINKING" the show was going to start.

Thanks! Will certainly wait for it to start, appreciate the advice. Any idea whether I should run on Auto settings or attempt to do it manually?

Hey JohnL, ordered my Standalones and awaiting delivery any day now.... Going for the green ones, as according to my research on various sites - commercial and university based - as they are supposed to be best for sunlight. I'd like to see your ones in sunshine not at dusk. I'm less likely to be flying when it's semi dark. Thanks for the tip a while back.

Reactions: JohnL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval