Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sudden issue with Charger or Batteries

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a charger issue, but I topped up both batteries last night, both were green. Went out and flew both batteries to 10.8 volts. Came in and both Batteries when on stock charger go into balance charging and never come out. I left for 4 hours last night and tried again tonight with same results. I guess I'm contacting Yuneec for warranty on charger tomorrow. I doubt both batteries crapped at same time.

SURELY YOU MEAN 14.8 VOLTS, If not you have probably killed the batteries and the charger won't charge them up as they have gone down too far.
Do yourself a BIG FAVOUR and go and read how to your LIPO batteries on the site, batteryuniversity .com. I see that it is for Q500 maybe that is an ok voltage????? you may need to head to the hobby shop and get them to bring them up with a normal RC charger, not a Proprietary one. Johnno Hennessy

SURELY YOU MEAN 14.8 VOLTS, If not you have probably killed the batteries and the charger won't charge them up as they have gone down too far.
Do yourself a BIG FAVOUR and go and read how to your LIPO batteries on the site, batteryuniversity .com. I see that it is for Q500 maybe that is an ok voltage????? you may need to head to the hobby shop and get them to bring them up with a normal RC charger, not a Proprietary one. Johnno Hennessy
Q500 batteries, 12.6 volts when fully charged.

That means it's a three cell with maximum discharge down to 3.8 volts per cell , there for it should not go any lower than 11.4 volts on the st10, for your total volts. If you do it will destroy the batteries. John Hennessy

That means it's a three cell with maximum discharge down to 3.8 volts per cell , there for it should not go any lower than 11.4 volts on the st10, for your total volts. If you do it will destroy the batteries. John Hennessy
The storage voltage is 3.8v to 3.85v per cell which is roughly 11.4 - 11.5 for the Q500. The aircraft should be landing at 10.8v for the Q. Discharging it lower than that will likely shorten the battery life over time.

but both batteries at same time with same issue?
It's very likely your charger is bad. If you plan to be in this hobby for a long time it's best to get an aftermarket charger that will balance charge as well as discharge to storage level. If you land at 10.8v the battery voltage will rebound to about the perfect storage voltage which will maximize the life of the battery.

Yes new charger is on my xmas list, but sounds like I need to contact yuneec. Whole kit is a month old

No need to contact yuneec. On a hunch I pulled fuse and to my surprise this is how it behaves with no fuse so ran to parts store picked up a pack of fuses and sure enough all is right with the world again

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital