Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Suggestions? First flight after being parked for two years..

I'll stay at my current update.
Currently mine flies without any issues. Pilots brain has been updated also, version 62.10
updating soon to version 63.0 ??
Where do you put the SD card?

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
You can starting with version 85+ sometimes earlier depending on your firmware. Sometimes it automatically rolls back without you really being aware of it.
The problem is, you can't update, the neurons have issues with synapse, and the axon can't decide what to do anymore!

Reactions: Mrgs1
I flew with my third and final battery later today, running until voltage dropped to 14.6v. Performed fine.

I noticed that the batteries are a tight fit to insert into the drone. I'm now wondering if these are puffed somewhat...

One of the reasons for wanting to get my TH up into the air as I've got a project underway on my farm, preparing to plant a new orchard. I first need to improve drainage in this field and today the equipment to install the drain lies 5' deep arrived.

I flew with my third and final battery later today, running until voltage dropped to 14.6v. Performed fine.

I noticed that the batteries are a tight fit to insert into the drone. I'm now wondering if these are puffed somewhat...

View attachment 16201

One of the reasons for wanting to get my TH up into the air as I've got a project underway on my farm, preparing to plant a new orchard. I first need to improve drainage in this field and today the equipment to install the drain lies 5' deep arrived.

View attachment 16202
The top one looks strange, unless it's the angle of the light. I believe if they are warm, then there can some resistance when pulling out,

Reactions: HarveyC
Agree with @Mrgs1,
I've fly with and without puffy batteries, been doing this for over a year. Mine are puffier than what you have posted.
We're told don't fly with puffy batteries, however what is considered to puffy? I have some that you can slightly roll back and forth like a rocking chair, and still get 13+ minutes of flight.
Warnings are put on products for a reason, this I understand, but most of these warnings are meant for or at a minimal range.
Of course not all of you are going to agree, that's fine. I know what has been working for me now for over a year.
I've been an entrepreneur most of my career, so I do take risks.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HarveyC
The top one looks strange, unless it's the angle of the light. I believe if they are warm, then there can some resistance when pulling out,
I think its the light. Overall, the batteries look like they've been knocked about a bit, but I don't see any swelling that one should be concerned about.

I dont know anything about the H battery but I'm assuming you can measure the voltages of the different cells in the battery and I highly suggest you do this both after charging and after a normal run to see of any of the cells are off. It's a very good indication of an issue where you could have a cell drop in voltage much quicker or all of a sudden and crash.
The blue indicator you got upon the initial charge may have been from a cell being lower and/or more than one at a lower voltage than the charger needs to see in order to start charging. If this happens you can charge the cells individually other ways to get them high enough to start charging normally again. Of course that doesnt mean the battery is back to normal but it may be OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone