Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Suggestions? First flight after being parked for two years..

5 rotor warning is normal when running without props. They all do it.

If you still have the card that came with your H, use it. The ST-16 won’t recognize cards over 32gig for an update. The factory card is 16 gig and they always work for both camera and controller.
Before seeing your post I searched here and saw that 5 motor mode error is normal and edited my post.

I need to look around more for the 16GB card. I've got two 32GB ones and a 64GB one in the camera, not sure where the other might be but will look.

Is there a way to force the ST16 to update OTA from b27 to b30? Is there a reason to not just copy the file to the controller as Yuneec support had me do for b23 and b27?

Last edited:
I am in a similar situation with my q500 and my H. Only the time frame is shorter. I think I’m a little paranoid to get back in the air seeing I haven’t flown in about 7 months. The q500 battery is new no flights on it and it is close to storage level I don’t have a charger that does storage for my q500. The H has very little flight time and I have the dy5 Charger for that and have been cycling the batteries for that and the voltages seem perfect in all the cells. With the weather and my schedule improving I have to ease into this and get off the ground!

Stumbled on this thread accidentally and it is very helpful as I am in the same boat of reusing an older Typhoon H. The controller is up to date, but the camera is not. I will try updating the camera today. Other problem I am having is finding more batteries. Mine are Power 4 5400mAh 4S/14.8V.

Batteries are vary scarce for the H. I plan on modifying to a different battery.
@PatR or was it @Steve Carr posted how to make this possible.

It was me but I got wrapped up in other things and didn’t make a visual guide, and that won’t happen any time soon as another large project landed in my lap.

It was me but I got wrapped up in other things and didn’t make a visual guide, and that won’t happen any time soon as another large project landed in my lap.
Ok what battery are you suggesting, I'm going to move forward and put one together.

I saw the note about using a 16gb card for updates and put the current update on that card and reinserted it in the drone and updated from the controller. Now I get the status as: ST16:v03.01.b30 and Aircraft camera V3.2.13(A). Is this correct?
Updated Screen.JPG

I saw the note about using a 16gb card for updates and put the current update on that card and reinserted it in the drone and updated from the controller. Now I get the status as: ST16:v03.01.b30 and Aircraft camera V3.2.13(A). Is this correct?
View attachment 16187

Aircraft, gimbal, and Camera are not on latest version. ST-16 and APK are fine.

This post Suggestions? First flight after being parked for two years.. shows what version you should be at.

You can download the firmware here Downloads Typhoon H.

Reactions: HarveyC
Opps,
For camera
AutoPilot V1.30 TyphoonH
Gimble V1.25
Camera V3.2.34(A) C-GO3-Pro
I do not have RealSense
Sorry for the mistake.

Batteries are vary scarce for the H. I plan on modifying to a different battery.
@PatR or was it @Steve Carr posted how to make this possible.
The originals are scarce in US? Has anyone had the 2018 or later batches in US? Can't believe there just supplying Europe.

I have 3 batteries and took my first flight for maybe 10 minutes, taking voltage to 14.8v before landing without issue, though I'm rusty with controls but will work through that.

I'll try another battery shortly, how low of voltage do you think I should feel comfortable running these down to? These batteries are about 35 months old.

I have 3 batteries and took my first flight for maybe 10 minutes, taking voltage to 14.8v before landing without issue, though I'm rusty with controls but will work through that.

I'll try another battery shortly, how low of voltage do you think I should feel comfortable running these down to? These batteries are about 35 months old.
I personally don't go below 14.8 to 14.7. Others slightly lower, don't really want to get to warnings very often, I think you'll get a better idea of their performance after a few more flights/charges.

The versions for the Aircraft should appear as below. Put the sd card back in the camera and try the updates again. Did you follow the video to do the updates? It is essential that you do.

Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png

I personally don't go below 14.8 to 14.7. Others slightly lower, don't really want to get to warnings very often, I think you'll get a better idea of their performance after a few more flights/charges.
Thanks. My second flight was on another battery that also performed okay and I took it down to 14.7v I'm guessing I should get a meter to test internal resistance to get a better idea of battery condition. I ordered an EV-Peak charger today so that I can keep them stored properly and monitor individual cell voltage.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123