Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sun Visor by Hoodman

Reaction score
I had my ST16 controller sitting next to my DGI controller that has an iPad Mini with a Hoodman
sun shield on it and thought maybe that will fit the ST16 sun shield.

Sure enough it slides over the plastic sun shield that comes with the ST16 and fits quit well.
Makes it even better to see the screen in bright sun.

2016-06-17 10.55.06.jpg

Reactions: eric bee
Two questions for you. First, where did you get the hoodie that fits the sunshade of the T-H? Also how much did it cost.
Second, I see the antennas are not the stock antennas. I watched a video where the guy installed them on his T-H, but he didn't say exactly where he got them. Where did you buy them and what was the cost. And do these antennas make a marked difference from the original antennas? Thanks for posting your message.

Mojoe35

Carolina Dronz has a great aftermarket shade for st16, I got one for my ne and my st10, interesting idea.

Two questions for you. First, where did you get the hoodie that fits the sunshade of the T-H? Also how much did it cost.
Second, I see the antennas are not the stock antennas. I watched a video where the guy installed them on his T-H, but he didn't say exactly where he got them. Where did you buy them and what was the cost. And do these antennas make a marked difference from the original antennas? Thanks for posting your message.

Mojoe35

Not sure on the shade, but the antennas are fpvlr antennas. They run about $110.

Lou Ming got 2.5km with a mini Immersion 5.8GHz Left-Hand (LHCP) Circular Polarized patch antenna (Model No : SN5G8LHPATCH8)

Reactions: AJan

Mojoe35

This is the hood, just using the top part, I think they are available separate.

Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood Kit for iPad mini HAV1KIT B&H Photo

This is the Carolina Dronz sun shade for the TH which I have ordered. I had the equivalent shade for the Q500 and it works great. Only problem is it does not fold up. But in full bright sun it is much better the the Yuneec folding shade. Total cost with US shipping is $33.

sun-shield-yuneec-typhoon-h-top_1024x1024.png

I ordered one also a couple of weeks ago and really like it much better than the one supplied by Yuneec. Frank from Carolina Dronz stated to me that he is in the process of designing even a better one for use on the ST-16.

I ordered one also a couple of weeks ago and really like it much better than the one supplied by Yuneec. Frank from Carolina Dronz stated to me that he is in the process of designing even a better one for use on the ST-16.
i was going to order one...but now i will wait for a better one....thanks for the heads up!

i don't mind waiting as i usually fly right around dusk anyway.....too busy looking for a decent case without spending close to $400

Simple search would have took you to this thread. Link provided for convenience. i:)i

Hard case ideas

Found a nice case for the money. See this page and check Dadjvs post. He has a picture of it. read the posts below his.
Hard case ideas

Here is the link for it. Nice for the money. JUST large enough.

MCM 22-24160 - 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep

$76.49

(Reg: $84.99)
10% CODE WLCM10 (Unsure if code is still valid)

Hope that helps. i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop