Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Team Mode?

On the topic of 360 camera... it it a continuous 360? Using the remote, it stops at 360 than you have to go back.

It better not stop unless the operator says so!

The gimbal does not stop for the H480 or the H520. That I do know! Will have to wait a bit longer to know first hand about the H Plus.

Jeff

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
So to confirm the H plus batteries have the same connectors as the 480?
You can use the H batteries in the Plus but you have to use the old H charger for the H batteries and the Plus one for the Plus Batteries.
Difference is the balance connectors are different but when you load them in to the H Plus the main two power connectors are the same :)

Reactions: thoneter
When I first got into this I got tired of people asking what are you going to do with the drone. After getting past the newbie stage it now makes sense. What are you mainly doing with your biz? Theirs some great youtube videos showing video techniques of flying away while panning and then moving at an angle that now makes sense to me to have a panning 360 camera.
We mostly shooting Real Estate Photography and Videos first with the H480 then a year later with the P4P and now the H Plus :)
We also do some Commercial jobs when they come up too.
We mainly use Sony FS5's, Previously Canon C100MKII's, Ronin M etc etc to get the shots we need on the ground so having good quality aerial footage makes a difference in the final edit :)
Here's an example of what we do, aerial footage for the H480 as the P4P is in for repairs lol:

We mostly shooting Real Estate Photography and Videos first with the H480 then a year later with the P4P and now the H Plus :)
We also do some Commercial jobs when they come up too.
We mainly use Sony FS5's, Previously Canon C100MKII's, Ronin M etc etc to get the shots we need on the ground so having good quality aerial footage makes a difference in the final edit :)
Here's an example of what we do, aerial footage for the H480 as the P4P is in for repairs lol:
Very nice. Are you doing a quick zoom for the effects?

On the topic of 360 camera... it it a continuous 360? Using the remote, it stops at 360 than you have to go back.
On the 480 you can turn the pan knob and it will go until the battery runs out.

Very nice. Are you doing a quick zoom for the effects?
Using speed ramping in FCPX, used to cut the footage into three parts and then speed the middle bit of the clips up by about x20.
Watched a YouTube video on speed ramping in FCPX so it wasn't hard to do it after that, makes for a smoother quick transition rather than a jerky one lol :)

You can use the H batteries in the Plus but you have to use the old H charger for the H batteries and the Plus one for the Plus Batteries.
Difference is the balance connectors are different but when you load them in to the H Plus the main two power connectors are the same :)
Thanks Rob. Does either the 480 or the 520- use the balance connectors? I'm guessing Yuneec switched the balancing connectors so us guys wouldn't screw up the HV batteries with the H charger.

Using speed ramping in FCPX, used to cut the footage into three parts and then speed the middle bit of the clips up by about x20.
Watched a YouTube video on speed ramping in FCPX so it wasn't hard to do it after that, makes for a smoother quick transition rather than a jerky one lol :)
I was looking at doing the same thing and yours does look different the quick zooming

Thanks Rob. Does either the 480 or the 520- use the balance connectors? I'm guessing Yuneec switched the balancing connectors so us guys wouldn't screw up the HV batteries with the H charger.
The 480 lipos can be used with the 520 and the H Plus but for charging they have a slightly different connection that’s the only difference between them apart the the HV part :)

I was looking at doing the same thing and yours does look different the quick zooming
Sometimes I’ll use a zoom transition between shots like going from the entry to inside the house. For the other clips it’s just making a 20 second shot into a 4 second one to keep the video from being too long :)
Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for both FCPX and Premiere Pro, quite easy once you’ve done a few of them :)

Sometimes I’ll use a zoom transition between shots like going from the entry to inside the house. For the other clips it’s just making a 20 second shot into a 4 second one to keep the video from being too long :)
Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for both FCPX and Premiere Pro, quite easy once you’ve done a few of them :)
Yeah I was just looking at them and they are easy compared to the other stuff that I've looked at. After Effects has been a big learning curve for me.

It keeps rotating as long as you wish. No stops on the gimbal.
So to confirm the H plus batteries have the same connectors as the 480?
The battery connector inside the H and the H Plus are the same. The charger connections are not the same. The H has pins for the cells and the H Plus has blade connectors.
The batteries will work in either machine but expect shorter flights on the H Plus using H batteries.

On the 480 you can turn the pan knob and it will go until the battery runs out.

The H Plus does not... the camera follows the rotation of the knob which stops. Then you have to pan back.

It keeps rotating as long as you wish. No stops on the gimbal.

The battery connector inside the H and the H Plus are the same. The charger connections are not the same. The H has pins for the cells and the H Plus has blade connectors.
The batteries will work in either machine but expect shorter flights on the H Plus using H batteries.

On my H Plus, using the pan knob, the knob does not rotate 360 which prevents the camera from rotating 360. I have not tried it in an autonomous flight mode yet however.

On my H Plus, using the pan knob, the knob does not rotate 360 which prevents the camera from rotating 360. I have not tried it in an autonomous flight mode yet however.

Note that panning is controlled by the PAN MODE SWITCH and the PAN MODE KNOB. (Unfortunately, my H+ is on its way to Yuneec so I can not test out what I'm about to state, but I THINK it is correct...)

If the PM switch is in the middle position (Follow Pan) then the rotation will stop where the knob points, if the PM Switch is in the down position (Global Mode), the rotation will continue.

Below is text copied from @ogrench 's H+ updated user's manual:
Pan Mode switch
Is a 3-position switch, located on the upper left (center) on the ST16s and controls how the Pan Control knob with function/operate.

In the up position, is Follow Mode.​
➢ Moves the Gimbal to 0 degrees – i.e. face the front of the aircraft.​
➢ The Pan Control Knob for the Gimbal (Camera) is disabled.​
[The camera is locked facing the front and as such follows the front of the aircraft’s movements.]​
In the middle position, is Follow Pan Controllable Mode.​
➢ The Pan Control Knob is enabled,​
➢ Use the Pan Control knob to set the pan position of the Gimbal (Camera), it will stay fixed to that position regardless of the aircraft’s movements.​
In the down position, is Global Mode.
➢ The Gimbal (Camera) will rotated in the direction you turn the Pan Control knob [left or right] and will continue to turn in that direction.​
➢ The greater the distance from midpoint the faster the Gimbal (Camera) will rotate. ➢ This position also provides for special operation of the Gimbal in CCC Task mode.​

Pan Control Knob
A rotary control knob located on the upper left of the ST16s. The Gimbal (Camera) will rotated in the direction you turn the Pan Control knob [left or right].​
Normal position of Pan Control is in the Middle, Camera is at 0o degrees (i.e. facing forward on aircraft).​
Use the Pan Control knob to set the position of the Gimbal (Camera) or to set speed of rotation when Pan Mode switch is in the Global position.​

Note that panning is controlled by the PAN MODE SWITCH and the PAN MODE KNOB. (Unfortunately, my H+ is on its way to Yuneec so I can not test out what I'm about to state, but I THINK it is correct...)

If the PM switch is in the middle position (Follow Pan) then the rotation will stop where the knob points, if the PM Switch is in the down position (Global Mode), the rotation will continue.

Below is text copied from @ogrench 's H+ updated user's manual:
Pan Mode switch
Is a 3-position switch, located on the upper left (center) on the ST16s and controls how the Pan Control knob with function/operate.

In the up position, is Follow Mode.​
➢ Moves the Gimbal to 0 degrees – i.e. face the front of the aircraft.​
➢ The Pan Control Knob for the Gimbal (Camera) is disabled.​
[The camera is locked facing the front and as such follows the front of the aircraft’s movements.]​
In the middle position, is Follow Pan Controllable Mode.​
➢ The Pan Control Knob is enabled,​
➢ Use the Pan Control knob to set the pan position of the Gimbal (Camera), it will stay fixed to that position regardless of the aircraft’s movements.​
In the down position, is Global Mode.
➢ The Gimbal (Camera) will rotated in the direction you turn the Pan Control knob [left or right] and will continue to turn in that direction.​
➢ The greater the distance from midpoint the faster the Gimbal (Camera) will rotate. ➢ This position also provides for special operation of the Gimbal in CCC Task mode.​

Pan Control Knob
A rotary control knob located on the upper left of the ST16s. The Gimbal (Camera) will rotated in the direction you turn the Pan Control knob [left or right].​
Normal position of Pan Control is in the Middle, Camera is at 0o degrees (i.e. facing forward on aircraft).​
Use the Pan Control knob to set the position of the Gimbal (Camera) or to set speed of rotation when Pan Mode switch is in the Global position.​

Thank you for posting all that. I appreciate it! I am going to give it a quick test as soon as the batteries are done charging. I would like someone to confirm however that I am not crazy.... The pan knob does have a rotation limiter in it which stops it from Being manually rotated continuous 360°... I found this out on my first flight as I had the bird in a hover and was following my children around with the camera when it (knob and camera) Stopped just shy of 360° and I had to pan all the way back around to pick them up again. I have the switch in the middle position and essentially was using the pan knob and elevation slider on the bottom to follow them. I thought it was pretty awesome being able to just leave the bird hovering... Up until the point they walked around behind it and the knob and camera stopped.

Thank you for posting all that. I appreciate it! I am going to give it a quick test as soon as the batteries are done charging. I would like someone to confirm however that I am not crazy.... The pan knob does have a rotation limiter in it which stops it from Being manually rotated continuous 360°... I found this out on my first flight as I had the bird in a hover and was following my children around with the camera when it (knob and camera) Stopped just shy of 360° and I had to pan all the way back around to pick them up again. I have the switch in the middle position and essentially was using the pan knob and elevation slider on the bottom to follow them. I thought it was pretty awesome being able to just leave the bird hovering... Up until the point they walked around behind it and the knob and camera stopped.
The knob rotates 360 but is not continuous. It is to control the rate of pan. The camera is continuous 360 rotation.

The H-480 utilizes the same rheostat type knob. Think about it for a minute, why would the knob need to be turned 360*? It needs to rotate left and right to establish direction of gimbal rotation, and to stop the rotation at points between top and bottom rotation. As an assist to the operator the amount the knob is turned establishes the speed at which the gimbal rotates. Slow, fast, or somewhere in between. The gimbal does not possess the ability to accelerate rotation an infinite amount, and lacking that ability there’s no reason to continuously rotate the knob. The lower stop point is max rotation speed.

Take some time to read the well written manual and experiment with different camera control and set up functions on the work bench. All systems are not the same so time and practice is required to learn and become familiar with them.

The knob rotates 360 but is not continuous. It is to control the rate of pan. The camera is continuous 360 rotation.
Just to be clear: as stated above, the knob has TWO functions, dependent upon the position of the pan mode switch: Use the Pan Control knob to set the position of the Gimbal (Camera) or to set speed of rotation when Pan Mode switch is in the Global position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval