Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tech Spam Haters & Fanboys Highlighted

Very interesting. I have seen similar post promoting in the 3DR forum also.
Simon has a great channel. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I like Simon's videos.
He give's a very frank honest, it is what it is type of review.
Hate to see someone bashing him no matter who's product he is reviewing.
Personally, I think DJI is just afraid that Yuneec is about to take a big bite out of their apple.

I like Simon's videos.
He give's a very frank honest, it is what it is type of review.
Hate to see someone bashing him no matter who's product he is reviewing.
Personally, I think DJI is just afraid that Yuneec is about to take a big bite out of their apple.

I don't care if people bash me - put yourself on the internet, you're fair game. My concern is that someone is mounting a concerted disinformation campaign. I'm sure no reputable global business would do something so blatant or clumsy, so it must be some rogue element. I felt it was important to highlight it to DJI so they could take steps to stop it and protect their reputation...

Your honour.

I don't care if people bash me - put yourself on the internet, you're fair game. My concern is that someone is mounting a concerted disinformation campaign. I'm sure no reputable global business would do something so blatant or clumsy, so it must be some rogue element. I felt it was important to highlight it to DJI so they could take steps to stop it and protect their reputation...

Your honour.

In the end a fool will listen to a fool, and a wise man will listen to a wise man. Don't worry too much about people who post senseless and obvious disinformation. In the final analysis they won't be counted for much.

Simon, the only thing I could ever fault you for is having one of the most cluttered kitchen tables... however your selections of wine more than makes up for it. ;-)

I won't ruin the magic by telling you that my table is spotless the rest of the time, and I carefully place all the items of junk just so before every recording... In fact the whole kitchen is just a small set in Pinewood Studios. But keep it quiet, the ruse seems to be working...

Your honour.
Simon I find it hard to believe that someone in the DJI PR department does not know the origins of this campaign. We have been seeing it now for a few weeks and it is just like in your video, poor grammar, with nothing but negative comments.

On a side note, how easy do you find it to fly and operate the camera controls ( not using CCC or others). My H is arriving tomorrow.

Does anybody ever buy or not buy a product by reading unsubstantiated posts? I doubt any Typhoon person will be swayed one way or the other.

Does anybody ever buy or not buy a product by reading unsubstantiated posts? I doubt any Typhoon person will be swayed one way or the other.

Some people just skim posts and if they see negative comments their minds are made up. We do it all the time with crap on social media without looking into the validity before sharing or reposting.

I won't ruin the magic by telling you that my table is spotless the rest of the time, and I carefully place all the items of junk just so before every recording... In fact the whole kitchen is just a small set in Pinewood Studios. But keep it quiet, the ruse seems to be working...
Ha ha Love it!

All the time. As an example.... why do you think people by Apple products but can rarely explain what is good about it over another product.

On a side note, how easy do you find it to fly and operate the camera controls ( not using CCC or others). My H is arriving tomorrow.

I keep yawing the aircraft to pan because I forget I don't have to. Coming from a different ecosystem it's taking me a while to get my head around the rotary pan switch. Of course nothing to stop you using yaw anyway, but being able to set a pan speed and leave it makes for some perfectly smooth pans (see my camera review video for the cliched climb with pan, gimbal looking down shot). I also keep forgetting to raise the gear because I'm not used to having retracts!

All the time. As an example.... why do you think people by Apple products but can rarely explain what is good about it over another product.

Funny you bring up Apple. I am taking a college course and had to do a case study on them. They have student interns, both college and high school, which they bring in during the summers to work for them. Afterwards they send them back to school to sing the praises of Apple Products.

Darn Simon,
We were all going to stop by for a spot of tea!

Please keep up the great work, and the cluttered table.

I keep yawing the aircraft to pan because I forget I don't have to. Coming from a different ecosystem it's taking me a while to get my head around the rotary pan switch. Of course nothing to stop you using yaw anyway, but being able to set a pan speed and leave it makes for some perfectly smooth pans (see my camera review video for the cliched climb with pan, gimbal looking down shot). I also keep forgetting to raise the gear because I'm not used to having retracts!
Personally, I don't find the pan knob intuitive for smooth camera moves, honest impression; I've never flown a DJI.

When in "Global" pan mode while playing back a CCC, the right stick makes sense for panning, but I keep tilting in the wrong direction because it's the opposite effect of the "elevator" on an aircraft. I know, of course, you push the stick "up" and the frame tilts "up."

Question: Is it me, or does one need to yaw the aircraft (not the camera) to record the pan position for a waypoint in CCC? The tilt records as I would expect.

Your honour.

yes its not very savoury at all whats going on which is a shame that some people feel the need to do this as all it will do is backfire on them and draw people into the H, there is already existing anti DJI feeling on some facebook groups because of the lawsuit, now this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval