Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH firmware update problem

hello pilots and yes this is my first post here, been reading here and I did the sept update and it flew great, did the oct update and it failed, the st16 update went ok, did the h update with the sd card and it updated but no restart and it lock up and the power button would not work so I had to pull the battery, now the h will not boot up, the power button lights with no tones and no pod lights, when you release the button and it turns back off. any ideas, I should have left it alone

Reactions: Brian Fike
I got an old autopilot F/W file from another user and I used it to update the H through the GUI. I got the bird to power up and talk again but the Gimbal still doesn't function. I have good video and control of the camera and the flight controller will arm but the Gimbal is dead. It will not even do its self test on power up, very strange. Also, The ST16 reports the camera F/W version in system settings but the autopilot and Gimbal report "Request Timed Out".

I had the same issue some of you now have with the ST-16 working but with Flightmode, or the autopilot, not being recognized in the system. Mine also stopped controlling the gimbal. I kept getting an error message that "Unfortunately Flightmode has stopped working". Nothing I did would permit the system to show the Typhoon H firmware on the Bind page. The Typhoon H firmware is was updates the autopilot, gimbal, and the camera, not the ST-16. Instructions in the linked video, specifically starting at ~00:07.40 time stamp, allowed the system to recognize the new autopilot firmware. Evidently the switch to "Team Mode" is quite important. When I closed out my trouble ticket with Yuneec the rep I spoke to, one that has in the past been extremely helpful, was not aware this action would help complete the process and was going to share my solution experience with other CS reps. It's worth a try before sending your machine back.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRH
I had the exact same problem.
I was trying to upgrade through the GUI after it failed to update through the camera.
The GUI crashed half way through and left the H in exactly the same state.
Only one beep and no ascending tone. It had some blue LEDS on the internals.
Camera would level with a low tone. It had to go back the H-Q.
I would not try to update firmware through the GUI again.
Dealer did not have a way to load the bios or whatever is the basic OS.
Maybe they have the facility now.
It was a rare problem then apparently but I have seen people on here with it since so its known now.
No problem updating last week through the camera.
As you have solved this problem, please let me know

1. Download Software V1.28. You need this Software as a basis to start updating again. Download here: http://files.yuneec.de/TyphoonH-FC_V1.28_24_9_2016.yuneec
2. Open Typhoon H GUI Software.
3. Go to „Tools“ slide above. Then „Firmware Update“.
4. A pop up window shows up. Go to „…“ and select the Software Version 1.28 file.
5. Remove battery from your Typhoon H. Connect USB cable to copter and laptop or PC.
6. System starts to update your Typhoon H. Wait until it was uploaded correctly. Close program.
7. Remove USB cable. Insert battery.
8. Upload newest software version 3.0 to SD card. Insert SD card into the CGO3+.
9. Turn on ST16 and Typhoon H. Wait until you can see the live image of the camera on your ST16.
10. Go to „System Settings“ on your ST16. Then tap "About Controller“.
11. Click „Update“ for Typhoon H and the system should start to update everything to the newest version.
12. For checking go back and then again go to „System Settings“ —> „About Controller“.

Rebind the drone and CGO3+ and re calibrate the compass and accelerometer too just in case

Reactions: Shadowolf
1. Download Software V1.28. You need this Software as a basis to start updating again. Download here: http://files.yuneec.de/TyphoonH-FC_V1.28_24_9_2016.yuneec
4. A pop up window shows up. Go to „…“ and select the Software Version 1.28 file.
5. Remove battery from your Typhoon H. Connect USB cable to copter and laptop or PC.
6. System starts to update your Typhoon H. Wait until it was uploaded correctly. Close program.
8. Upload newest software version 3.0 to SD card. Insert SD card into the CGO3+.
9. Turn on ST16 and Typhoon H. Wait until you can see the live image of the camera on your ST16.
11. Click „Update“ for Typhoon H and the system should start to update everything to the newest version.
12. For checking go back and then again go to „System Settings“ —> „About Controller“.

Rebind the drone and CGO3+ and re calibrate the compass and accelerometer too just in case
I will try it in a few days and let you know how it goes, wish me luck

This worked perfectly for me. Many thanks.

This worked perfectly for me. Many thanks.
I tried already, i doest work for me.

My TH problem: When the upgrading process finnished 100%, there is pop up message "camera error or not responding"

Tried the upgrade via OTA aswell but still doest work for me, the st16 didnt offer me option to choose the wifi connection to download via OTA.

And Ived done reinstall the FW on ST16 aswell.

Now im very frustated. any body can help me?

I will try it in a few days and let you know how it goes, wish me luck
i called yuneec and they sent me the startup files for the H (v1.10.15.4.16.2016)and that worked to get it to boot up, the camera will connect and show a picture but it wont pan or tilt, yuneec tired several attempts on the phone but it still wont work, the software from the camera wont report back to the st16, they said to box it up and send it in

Last edited:
I have the same problem. (US Version) - Have to pull the battery to get it to turn off.
I do have access to the Camera. Will try the GUI to put it back to V1.28

Seemed to have crashed in Step 2. Was able to upgrade the Camera via wifi on try 2 but auto pilot is bricked

If anyone else has this problem let me know and I can send on the email I got from tech support in the UK with the relevant firmware and instructions on how to resurrect your TH if it bricks
I am having the same problem right now! I am stuck with no where to go! I would appreciate the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79