Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Pro issues

Reaction score
So as some of you may know, I recently got a new TH Pro, after my first TH had to go back to CA for repair. This being my 2nd bird in less than a month, I am a bit concerned. So the first one ( not pro ) had some issues with erratic behavior after about 10 mins of flight. I sent it back and it is on its way back to arrive tomorrow. The repair ticket was vague so not sure if I am getting a complete replacement or not. I will report tomorrow when it arrives.

Now onto the Pro. So that came last Thursday and I have not had much time to set it up. Today I finally took it out, calibrated everything, moving slowly, etc. Things check out, new firmware already loaded. I did notice that the props are harder to get on then my last TH. Anyway, I get all satellites, GPS all looks good and I take it up about 30 feet just to get a sense of how it feels. First off, not very stable, drifts a bit in light wind with GPS on. Angle mode. Turtle mode. Any movement from sticks seems to be very jerky which seemed odd to me. I flew very little not more than 30 feet away from me again just to see how it would react. Just did not feel solid. Then I decided to start bringing it down, again in angle mode, started coming down and then I released the stick and it jumped up a bit, motors seemed to spin up, it was still about 15 feet up hovering, then I started bringing it down again, this time it came down to about 8 feet and would not respond to the left stick. Full down and nothing. As I started releasing the stick it wanted to climb up. Also did NOT have OA (realsense) on at all.

I finally wrestled it back and got it to land safely although I was sweating it, almost just ran over to grab it instead of risking landing. I actually had to kill the motors when I finally got it to touch down.

I'm pretty saddened by this as I may now need to send another one back. Anyone have any thoughts?

I am NOT trying to be a basher, I really love this drone and want so badly to just have a solid unit.

Thanks.

On my non pro ST-16, the switch for obsticle avoidance is a 3 position switch.
Is it possible that one of these positions turns on the bottom sonar of the real sense unit but not the full real sense?

On my non pro ST-16, the switch for obsticle avoidance is a 3 position switch.
Is it possible that one of these positions turns on the bottom sonar of the real sense unit but not the full real sense?

Aha, something I have been wondering about. My Pro has the 3 position switch. As far as I can tell, the middle position does nothing. It may, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with RealSense (top and bottom positions do). The IPS appears to be on all the time, for sure in Angle mode.

The problem here with a new Pro: Donp, try re-calibrating the compass and accelerometer, following instructions in your V 1.1 manual.
On the ground, is the reported elevation close to zero? Maybe you have a bad IPS unit. If legs are raised, the IPS will not let you land. If the legs were down, maybe a switch is reporting them still up.

My Pro worked good from day 1, so hang in there.

So as some of you may know, I recently got a new TH Pro, after my first TH had to go back to CA for repair. This being my 2nd bird in less than a month, I am a bit concerned. So the first one ( not pro ) had some issues with erratic behavior after about 10 mins of flight. I sent it back and it is on its way back to arrive tomorrow. The repair ticket was vague so not sure if I am getting a complete replacement or not. I will report tomorrow when it arrives.

Now onto the Pro. So that came last Thursday and I have not had much time to set it up. Today I finally took it out, calibrated everything, moving slowly, etc. Things check out, new firmware already loaded. I did notice that the props are harder to get on then my last TH. Anyway, I get all satellites, GPS all looks good and I take it up about 30 feet just to get a sense of how it feels. First off, not very stable, drifts a bit in light wind with GPS on. Angle mode. Turtle mode. Any movement from sticks seems to be very jerky which seemed odd to me. I flew very little not more than 30 feet away from me again just to see how it would react. Just did not feel solid. Then I decided to start bringing it down, again in angle mode, started coming down and then I released the stick and it jumped up a bit, motors seemed to spin up, it was still about 15 feet up hovering, then I started bringing it down again, this time it came down to about 8 feet and would not respond to the left stick. Full down and nothing. As I started releasing the stick it wanted to climb up. Also did NOT have OA (realsense) on at all.

I finally wrestled it back and got it to land safely although I was sweating it, almost just ran over to grab it instead of risking landing. I actually had to kill the motors when I finally got it to touch down.

I'm pretty saddened by this as I may now need to send another one back. Anyone have any thoughts?

I am NOT trying to be a basher, I really love this drone and want so badly to just have a solid unit.

Thanks.

That is very odd. I also got a Pro last Thursday and have only flown 4 batteries thru it but it fly's great. I am amazed at how well it fly's. I do have a camera/gimbal issue to get fixed but nothing else.
Before I flew mine I did all the calibrations and let it sit getting about 15+ satellites the first time. No problems. So OA was off. Did it show off on the screen or just going by switch position?
Could the radio be way out of calibration?

Thanks all for the replies.

@Brandon, we actually got ours together from same place.

OA did show off on the screen. I will recalibrate everything again and try again. I am also going to try a different battery as I know have amassed 5, lol.

I checked all the functions of the TX using the hardware monitor, everything seems to be reporting fine. I would have no idea if the radio itself were out of Calibration.

I did only have between 12 and 14 satellites and twice while I was outside just checking things, not even flying, the TX buzzed and reported GPS lost.

@Rayray, I will need to recheck the elevation on ground. I did a level calibration but I will redo it all.

Question for you guys with a pro...did you notice on the screen now there is some sort of red arc that seems to be some sort of orientation? Its hard for me to read but it looks neat whatever it is. There is nothing in docs.

On my very first flight with the YTH I had sort of the same behavior. I could not make it land at all. I had to walk under and grab it. I recalibrated the compass, carefully, and haven't had the problem since.

Thanks all for the replies.

@Brandon, we actually got ours together from same place.

OA did show off on the screen. I will recalibrate everything again and try again. I am also going to try a different battery as I know have amassed 5, lol.

I checked all the functions of the TX using the hardware monitor, everything seems to be reporting fine. I would have no idea if the radio itself were out of Calibration.

I did only have between 12 and 14 satellites and twice while I was outside just checking things, not even flying, the TX buzzed and reported GPS lost.

@Rayray, I will need to recheck the elevation on ground. I did a level calibration but I will redo it all.

Question for you guys with a pro...did you notice on the screen now there is some sort of red arc that seems to be some sort of orientation? Its hard for me to read but it looks neat whatever it is. There is nothing in docs.

The red arc...I think I can answer that. A readout from IPS when you are approaching ground. Notice as you go higher it disappears.

update, I went back out and recalibrated everything. Altimeter seems a bit wonky as when I land it will often read -8.5 ft. Also things were going pretty well, but ran into another weird instance where it would not come down and seemed to want to go back up. I moved away and that seemed to make a difference. Again, flying in Angle, no OA, screen says OA disabled, about 20 ft up and 20 feet away.

I am flying in my yard where there are a lot of tall trees so not sure how much that matters. My other drones not TH have always flown just fine in same location. That said, I do NOT have enough clear space to just fly around unless I go about 100 ft up and I don't have confidence in this thing yet for that. Hoping to get out to my local AMA club and get it into wide open space to see if it is any better. Still seems like right stick movements are very jerky which I find odd.

Hello to all, I have had over 10 flights with my TH PRO.....with no issues what so ever. This is the best drone to date and will only improve with future upgrades. I recommend the TH PRO over the PH 4 and INSPIRE!..........The REAL SENSE pushed it over the TOP.......

If you're in a crowded yard, I'd try out in a field where you can land it in free space and not be concerned with things interfering with the sensors.

Thanks all. @Rayray. I think there were 14 sats on the TH and 12 on the ST, seems like the ST always reports a couple less than the TH.

@Tuna Yes it is a crowded yard, but I am hoping to use this for real estate video and so I think my yard is a good testing ground. Also, if it has trouble in an open space with some trees around how would anyone ever fly it indoors? Thanks again.

Thanks all. @Rayray. I think there were 14 sats on the TH and 12 on the ST, seems like the ST always reports a couple less than the TH.

Good. If you hold the H, on but props not spinning, and go here and there in the tree area, set it down a moment, rechecking the Sats each time, you should get a rough idea of GPS sensing in flight. I notice my ST also reports fewer than the H.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval