Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The aux button

In the stock firmware, there seems to be no functionality assigned for the AUX button. However, the button is live and its channel data gets transmitted to the drone on channel 12. It's there, waiting to be used for something... ;-)

@SlientR9 clarified his statement for us, in post 38. He isn’t talking about the black button on the top right quadrant of the ST16.

Our AUX button is still safe from any purpose. Until you figure out something for us to use!

Jeff

@SlientR9 clarified his statement for us, in post 38. He isn’t talking about the black button on the top right quadrant of the ST16.

Our AUX button is still safe from any purpose. Until you figure out something for us to use!

Jeff

Yes, I see and I am talking about that very same pushbutton on the top right quadrant. And I have something going on regarding it... ;-)

Offtopic: regarding the Fastboot and the internals of the ST16.. I wonder how the SR24 and I/O (buttons, joysticks) are wired to the SOC/CPU and interfaced... does anyone have any idea regarding it? The SR24 should be on the UART, but what about the I/O? This has nothing to do with the AUX button, just some other ideas like replacing the Flightmode app with a slightly modified QGroundcontrol or outputting raw mavlink data from an external device to the drone via USB and ST16's SR24, bypassing Yuneec's Flightmode app. Of course, the easiest way to do this, would use some external radio modem wired for example to the I/O pins of the rather useless sonar, but as we have pretty good hardware already there, why not use them... ;-)

Last edited:

Jeff
Paint it red " Emergency stop" ?

On youtube michael stenger programs the aux button so it can be done on the st16.
I would like to use the aux button to slow the H down to 6 mph limet when engaged. As the new catagory c2 would reguire a slow mode of at least 6.7mph .old legacy typhoon H will be allowed to fly only till 2022 .unless it has such a button . Any body read about this. Anybody knows about programming who speaks english.
Youtube.com/watch?v=RLTkQu0Atf0

On youtube michael stenger programs the aux button so it can be done on the st16.
I would like to use the aux button to slow the H down to 6 mph limet when engaged. As the new catagory c2 would reguire a slow mode of at least 6.7mph .old legacy typhoon H will be allowed to fly only till 2022 .unless it has such a button . Any body read about this. Anybody knows about programming who speaks english.
Youtube.com/watch?v=RLTkQu0Atf0
Do you have a link which refers to that restriction? I've only briefly looked at the categories, I've not seen anyone refer to speed limits yet? I'm not sure how much the UK will align itself, since it wants to ditch any rule alignment with eu and possibly some harmonisation with EASA regulations, perhaps an agreement of some rules like other non eu countries,

Reactions: Mike Irish
FYI: with the H3 the Aux button has functionality and switches between camera modes (video/photo).
If it ain't Yuneec, I would have said that an update for the H+ would be about to come to give it the flight mode 3 app and features of the H3, but we'll, it's Yuneec and I guess that won't happen.
And for us, as "discontinued product"-pilots all hope is abandoned long time ago ?.

H480 is no longer an abandoned product. Typhoon H will get a second life with the customized firmware that @Pöllö made. Development is ongoing.
The AUX button becomes important with the new firmware. Thus, I have replaced the button by a switch to have more possibilities to use it for something.
Read more: Typhoon H 480 PX4 v1.10 (Stability issues ;-)

br HE

Reactions: Pöllö and APack
H480 is no longer an abandoned product. Typhoon H will get a second life with the customized firmware that @Pöllö made. Development is ongoing.
The AUX button becomes important with the new firmware. Thus, I have replaced the button by a switch to have more possibilities to use it for something.
Read more: Typhoon H 480 PX4 v1.10 (Stability issues ;-)

br HE

Fly to the Dark Side. The party has just started there. We are waiting for you. ;-)

Fly to the Dark Side. The party has just started there. We are waiting for you. ;-)
Aargh! Stop it! You can't just show me stuff like that... that's kinda unresponsible ????
Pöllö, what have you done to your H to get it work that way? I'm freakin' curious

Aargh! Stop it! You can't just show me stuff like that... that's kinda unresponsible ????
Pöllö, what have you done to your H to get it work that way? I'm freakin' curious

Just replaced the Yuneec's firmware and bootloader with my fork of PX4 that I made. Take a look at the thread h-elsner linked, everything you need to know, is there. H-elsner has written pretty awesome documentation for the firmware, which is also available there. My first post there is misleading on a purpose.. ;-)

The full mission support will be live as soon as I have tested it enough. Maybe after this week... ;)

To reflash the processor, you need an ST-Link programmer (or ST Nucleo development board with one built-in, you can turn it into a drone too later if you want ;), ~$20), and solder few wires to production testing pads on the MCU board for programming. They can be removed after flashing the bootloader, but can be left there if kept short and are cleanly done. As the first step in the process involves erasing Yuneec's bootloader and firmware, the procedure is irreversible, but once you fly the Thunderbird, you don't want to go back... ;-)

Br,

TR

Last edited:
The AUX button is not the big deal, not for Thunderbird project at all. But there is always a whining about the AUX button since years but if we have such a project then less folks are taking part.
This is the reason why I put that link here.

OK, it needs some work and investigation but one can't get all served on a silver spoon. On the other hand it is very intresting to go new way, discover new horizons. For me the most important feature is to have more flight modes and the possibilty to configure and tune what you want and what is the best for me personally.
But there is more. One example is pre-harvest inspections using drones and thermal cameras for fawns. Usually a expensive "hobby". But with mission planning feature for H480 there would be now a larger base with cheaper drones to do that.

br HE

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430