Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The aux button

I take good care of my equipment and having it enter forced retirement because parts that wear cannot be replaced after three years is ridiculous.

As I stated in the first post, upgrading for value added is fine, but being forced into it because parts are not available for a functional machine does set well.

I respectfully disagree.

Reputable manufacturers understand the value of support (life cycle) after the sale is a major incentive toward future sales. Growing one’s fleet is not always defined as “chuck the old and replace, plus add, new models.”

Personally, I hang on to stuff. If something can be upgraded, the better. But I realize it is necessary, and often desirable to add completely new units.

The personal computer environment is a great example. While I make use of the old stuff (repurpose), I relish building new systems, with the latest technology, and watching them fly. (Photo/video processing, for instance.)

It would increase my confidence in Yuneec (to name one sUAS player) if, by example, we continue to see parts availability for older craft, up to a reasonable obsolescence time period, of course. It is unreasonable to expect a never ending support life. Customers pay, one way or another for such support. At the same time, increasing capabilities by developing new and/or upgraded models is not a bad thing, for a manufacturer as well as consumers.

Imagine if automobile manufacturers did nothing but upgrade existing “shells”. No offense intended toward nostalgia lovers, but think about it. We could all be using satellite radio, 16 channel sound systems, state of the art navigation, maybe even fusion-o-matic propulsion systems, while the body style was still the old fishbowl AMC Pacer!

Yes, an extreme example, but still points made.

Jeff
I also hope my response is taken with respect. Your example of cars is in my opinion an argument in my favor. Car manufacturers aren't focused on keeping models around that don't sell well. Look at all of the makes that have gone out of business but their sister companies are going yet. Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Mercury, etcetera.

Those parts will not continue to be mass produced for a reasonable price. I would like to think that if I was Yuneec that I'd listen to my customers and put out the product that they want but the reality is that I'd more than likely make a product that sells to the masses and some of those in the know would also like to purchase.

As always my opinion is worth the value of a 3 dollar bill.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I take good care of my equipment and having it enter forced retirement because parts that wear cannot be replaced after three years is ridiculous.

As I stated in the first post, upgrading for value added is fine, but being forced into it because parts are not available for a functional machine does set well.
You know how much it kills me to agree with you but agree with you I will! Yes that's my best Yoda that I can do!

You know how much it kills me to agree with you but agree with you I will! Yes that's my best Yoda that I can do!
Thank you Master Yoda, ?

Reactions: thoneter

Do you not carry a spares supply of essential parts? Judging by Steve Carr and few others they have lots in different state of disassembly which can be used to keep their copters going.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
I also hope my response is taken with respect. Your example of cars is in my opinion an argument in my favor. Car manufacturers aren't focused on keeping models around that don't sell well. Look at all of the makes that have gone out of business but their sister companies are going yet. Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Mercury, etcetera.

Those parts will not continue to be mass produced for a reasonable price. I would like to think that if I was Yuneec that I'd listen to my customers and put out the product that they want but the reality is that I'd more than likely make a product that sells to the masses and some of those in the know would also like to purchase.

As always my opinion is worth the value of a 3 dollar bill.
Still have no problems getting parts for my 20 year old car here in UK? I suspect you have the 10year spares availabilty legislation?

Personally, if they still made the AMC Gremlin I would buy another one. Perhaps two in order to use the second as the basis for drag racing car.
I was a big fan of the Javelin!

This button puts the transmitter in fastboot DnX mode used for reflashing bricked st16's. do not ever use this button unless your st16 literally does NOTHING when you switch it on.

• Haha
This button puts the transmitter in fastboot DnX mode used for reflashing bricked st16's. do not ever use this button unless your st16 literally does NOTHING when you switch it on.

Any documented references for this statement? Not refuting; just looking for official confirmation.

After reading through the wants and rants discussing desired options for repurposing the AUX ever since the release of the H480 and its ST16, this is the first time ever seeing anything indicating there is, allegedly, an actual built-in function already assigned.

Jeff

Any documented references for this statement? Not refuting; just looking for official confirmation.

After reading through the wants and rants discussing desired options for repurposing the AUX ever since the release of the H480 and its ST16, this is the first time ever seeing anything indicating there is, allegedly, an actual built-in function already assigned.

Jeff
I thought i read Yuneec were still to assign a function for the Aux button?

I thought i read Yuneec were still to assign a function for the Aux button?
The Aux button unfortunately will never be changed. It is NOT a software button and cannot be changed. This button shorts a GND AND DTA+ PIN ON THE Intel Atom chip. Upon boot of all Intel x86 devices, it loads fastboot Dnx / also called "Factory service mode" used to reflash hardware ROM through USB with proper drivers

@SilentR9
Are you referring to the hidden button inside the microphone jack, or to the black Aux button on the face of the ST16?

Which functionality would you like to assign to the AUX button? I was going to assign it for toggling the lights on and off... ;-)

Jeff

In the stock firmware, there seems to be no functionality assigned for the AUX button. However, the button is live and its channel data gets transmitted to the drone on channel 12. It's there, waiting to be used for something... ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop