Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Breeze is PRETTY SWEET!

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a long time! Was a huge fan of DJI until I found a GREAT deal on the older model Typhoon at Best Buy.. Still my favorite quad!! I do have the Phantom 4 now but I still find myself flying my Typhoon the most..

Anyways the breeze is pretty sweet!! Great for taking it places where I can't fit my Typhoon.. Now no more "I wish I had my copter with me".. I got to take it out and play with it today a little more in depth and I really enjoy it!

Anyone that has any questions about it please let me know! I'll gladly try and answer..

-----Here is my initial review written on Amazon for it.. I will be adding stuff to it soon now that I have played with it more but still an awesome little copter------

Introduction: I own SEVERAL multirotor copters including the Yuneec Typhoon Quad, 3DR Solo, Phantom 3 & 4, and a few others.. I also own several hobby quads!! The new "Hot Thing" for copters now though are the "Selfie" drones.. Several are being made and Yuneec is one of the first of the big companies to release them!!

What is a Selfie Drone: Simply put, its a VERY easy drone to fly and its main purpose is for photos and videos of friends.. It's not designed to a thousand of feet in the air (FAA doesn't allow this anyways but other drones can do this), it's not designed to fly miles away, its not designed for professional video or photos.. Yuneec will even admit that!! This is designed to stuff in my backpack and take on a hike! Or to take to the beach or even ski trip or something!! It's small, its compact, and it doesn't weight much!! It's designed to push a button and it flies up, takes a photo and lands!

FAA Registration: This quad with batteries weights 13 ounces so it technically needs to be registered with the FAA. Not an issue for me because remember your FAA registration follows YOU not the copters.. I am already registered so no big deal and if you aren't its super fast and easy!! Can be done online in under 5 mins and only cost $5.00

Short Review: I just received my Breeze today so I have been playing around with it all evening!! It's simply amazing!!! It's fun to fly (In pilot mode), its easy to fly, and it takes GREAT photos!!!! Everything you needed is included in a small carrying case INCLUDING an extra battery!!! The APP works on both Android and IOS (I tested on both, but I prefer Android) and the app works well!!! The copter has several "Easy" modes such as "Follow Me", "Orbit", and "Selfie" but it also has a "Pilot" mode for the more adventurist that want to fly it like a real quad!! Just keep in mind, this is a WiFi quad controlled from your phone so the range isn't going to be the best!! I found the range to be great however and MUCH MUCH BETTER than most "Hobby" style quads you can get at toy stores and hobby shops!! Yuneec has just released one of the BEST if not an almost perfect quad for beginners and those who just want selfies and to take photos from the sky!!!!

Pros
1.) App Controlled - Meaning you don't have to carry a bulky or hard to use controller around.. Just your mobile device!! This can also be a downside though, because native controllers usually have a longer range.. BUT REMEMBER this is a selfie drone so it's not designed for range!

2.) Battery Life - Is about 12 minutes but the quad comes with 2 batteries which is 24 total minutes of battery life.. No difference between this and the larger quads like DJI Phantom or 3DR. The battery is smaller so you have less life per battery but two are included :)

3.) Modes - I love all the modes!! I will have more time this weekend to play with the modes and see how well they all work when I take this up to the mountains!! But the modes include "Pilot Mode" which is the one I played with most today.. This mode is for those who want to actually fly this around.. You have full control (Except for Landing) of the quad.. To land, you must hit the land button and let it land on its own".. "Selfie Mode" is just that!! The quad takes off, you can then tell it to lower or go higher and it takes a selfie of you and your friends!!. "Orbit" mode orbits around you and takes video!! "Journey" is like a stripped down classic waypoint mode.. send the drone out and have it come back recording you! SIMPLE!! And "Follow Me" mode does just that! It follows you!! You determine how high and how far you want the quad to stay away and it follows your movement.. I tested this on my bike, just on a short ride around my apartment and it worked WONDERFULLY!!

4.) Included Accessories - Includes ALL YOU NEED!! Extra Battery, Extra Props, even a little hard case!!

5.) Fits in a backpack!! Easily toss this in your backpack or even small sling bag!! Its small!!!

6.) Yuneec Quality - Yuneec makes wonderful products and has an AMAZING customer service team and always have!! The breeze holds true to those claims!! IT'S QUALITY is AMAZING and built VERY VERY WELL!!!

7.) Indoor Flying (Be SURE TO TURN GPS OFF first, I made the mistake and didn't and it drifted and I almost crashed) - With GPS off though, the quad held its position PERFECTLY indoors!! Honestly this is the easiest and the best flying quad for indoor use!!! With GPS off it didn't drift a bit indoors!!

8.) Easy to get up and flying - I was in the AIR about one hour after picking this up from UPS.. I would have been flying much faster if I didn't have to charge the batteries! That's how easy it is to fly!!!

9.) Photo Quality is VERY GOOD!! Not as good as my larger Yuneec Typhoon but that is expected!! I was VERY VERY impressed with photo quality!!! (I should have a few more photo samples to upload after this weekend but I tossed one simple one up now from our lake area)

10.) Video Quality is GOOD AND STABILIZED!! I didn't take any real video today while playing but I did take a few test videos!! I will take a real video this weekend and post it but it was very good and VERY STABLE!!!

11.) APP - I found the app to WORK GREAT!! I know in the past, Yuneec (And even other quad makers) have had a lot of complaints about their Android Apps.. This is the issue, when developing IOS apps you have ONE PHONE to develop for.. When you develop Android apps you have THOUSANDS.. The app for quads is usually a fairly powerful app! Something that wont run very well on crappy $20 Android phones.. On my Nexus 6P the app worked GREAT and was super easy to use!!

12.) Safety is NUMBER 1 - I tested a number of the safety features today and they worked fine!! I took a call during a flight (Quad just hovered in place), I turned the phone off mid flight to simulate a power failure and in a little over a minute the Yuneec Breeze landed safely (Please NOTE i did this in a safe area with the quad NOT VERY HIGH in case anything happened!!).. They also include prop guards for indoor flying!!

13.) A BABY CAN FLY IT! - NO REALLY!!! All you have to do is push a button!! SO even a baby can fly it :) Thats how easy it is to fly!!

14.) Easy UPLOAD to social networks - ONE touch uploading to YouTube, Twitter, and others! I am sure more to come as well.. No need to take home and "Edit" (You can do this in the app), and then UPLOAD from the app!! Do it all while at the beach!!

15.) Does fine in the WIND - Today was fairly windy and I had no issues playing with it this evening.. I know this was a worry of a lot of people!! I flew it to about 78FT today and it did fine in the wind!! Max altitude should be around 200FT it says but I am not brave enough to try that just yet in this!! My Typhoon has been about 1358FT in the air before!

16.) Range - Range seems fine for a WiFi controlled drone.. No issues yet but I haven't really tested out the range!! I flew 78FT high with no issues though but the drone was pretty much right over me

17.) Spare parts are available - And are super easy to replace by yourself!!! For example, your landing gear breaks? Just twist it off and buy another for under $10 and you are good to go!! For this price, I will have a few spare parts on hand!! Motors, computers, and anything inside the quad can also be replaced by the user!

Cons

1.) Connecting to WiFi was spotty and I did have to reset both my WiFi and the quad several times before it showed up.. Nothing MAJOR to worry about but for those who aren't very good with phones or computers, this MIGHT cause frustration or people thinking their quad is messed up!!

Overall: These new "Selfie" drones are new on the market and honestly, this is the first one I have tried!!! I love the concept of them and really hope it will get more people into the hobby of quadcopters!! This is a VERY WELL MADE and VERY EASY quad to fly, one that anyone should be able to fly.. It is an EXCELLENT product and I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone wanting a drone for themselves!!

***Please note, these are all my initial impressions as I know a lot of people will be curious since this just released.. I plan to play with it A LOT more this weekend but I firmly believe it will be EVEN BETTER!!! I will come back and upload more photos and even video when I find that perfect "Selfie" to upload!! BUT ALSO if I find any complaints I will also be sure to post about them.. So far my only complaint was due to the WiFi being hard to connect to my phone but hey I am sure Yuneec will release firmware updates soon to fix any issues OTHERS might find.. Being an early adopter and tester of several quads I know a lot have "Bugs" when they are first to release BUT SO FAR this has been the BEST and most READY TO RELEASE quad on release date that I have seen!***

I'm the proud owner of a Typhoon H for filming purposes but I want a drone for indoor use, the Breeze seems perfectly suited and designed for this very purpose. I have the Typhoon H backpack so don't mind lugging it around with me, but it's not conducive for indoors, can't wait to get THE BREEZE! Yuneec is an awesome company.

Reactions: Vertigo Drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech